Tuesday, April 28, 2009

While you were gone . . .

Josh comes home tonight at 5:25pm! We are very excited!! Josh here are a few things you missed!

Horrible day Sunday – Blake pretty much screamed all day! While mom was busy Grant ate almost an entire box of Dora popsicles (-2) and Trent poured a HUGE overflowing bowl of Captain Crunch for himself!

Changed Grant’s sheets twice and our sheets twice because of Grant!

Got a babysitter so I could run a couple errands Saturday morning . . . came home to her little sister and Trent’s friend and his 2 sisters! (After saying no friends!)

Told Grant the skin on his ear was peeling from his sunburn, he laughed and told me, “Everyone can see my bones now!” Trent told him, “Ears don’t have bones.”

Grant flipping through his chore cards, “read scriptures, say prayers, put on your life jacket when you swim in the pool, pick up the blocks, gets some pets from the store.” There is a pair of kind of puffy blue overalls that stand for “get dressed” – hence the life jacket. If you have pets there is a card for feed the animals. The blocks stand for “pick up toys.” I love the literal!

Grant put a big band aide right across the bridge of his nose! The big sore was right above it, not covered!

Grant was ready for bed first and Trent folded his arms and said, “Grant is a better boy than I am !”

Blake attacked Grant’s face while lying in bed. I asked if he was ok. In his general statement, literal way he said, “I am always ok when Blakey wants to pick my scab off!”

Walking in from getting the mail Trent said, “Grandpa has a sword at Jill and Mike’s house.” Me “Did he show it to you?” Trent “I saw him use it.” Thinking it was the sword from Japan, “You did?” Trent “Yeah it is a small sword and he sliced the enveloped with it! We need to get one!” Letter opener!

Trent “Let’s color pictures of Jesus for FHE. Can we walk around in heaven? What can our spirits do?” Grant “Next time I go to heaven I am going to take Him a Jesus picture.” Grant again “When you go will ask if we can color in heaven?”

Chera Reese is pregnant! Hooray!!!!

We are hoping Josh does not bring home the swine flu!

I force feed Blake veggies on occasion!

****My internet has been down! Which really ticks me off!

Little boys can be way too intense when Mom is way too tired!

Grant in the back seat of the car “Mom I am petting Blake so softly on his hair he won’t cry! (Laugh to himself) He is not a horse!”

After yogurt in the yogurt shop, Grant lying on the bench outside showing me his “back float” he learned in swimming!

The car seat I need to clean in the bathtub is sitting right where I left it when I took Josh to the airport!

Reese’s grew up “nee nee neeing.” It is rubbing noses with my Dad! I did it with Blake this morning and he LOVED it!!

Monday Trent had a 10 – 12 minutes conversation with my parents on the phone! They loved it!

Trent is the “Apple of My Eye” this week at school! He took Skittles Monday for everyone! He is sooooo excited!

Grant dumped an entire bag of cheese fish in the bonus room on the train table and couch! Consequence pending!

Grant cut his own hair twice! Jill thinks I need to shave it for sure!!

After Dr. Duffy suggested I look on You-tube at his patient’s home video of Bot Fly removal, I had a dream I had Bot flies and ticks all over my body and I couldn’t squeeze them out fast enough!

Another dream Josh would not commit to marry me!

Another dream all 5 of us were being held hostage by 3 men in a house and I couldn’t get the kids to quiet down but I didn’t want to scare them with the situation!

The boys did a pretty good job with their small carts in Smiths Grocery Store.

Blake, more tired than I realized, did not enjoy in Smiths when I lifted him up into a big bunch of balloons!

Neighbor boys beating on our swing set with golf clubs! Where did the golf clubs come from?

Do not ever eat a Dorito you think Grant doesn’t want – he licks them!

Trent “Mom every minute put one eye on Blake, one eye on Blake one eye on scrapbooking!”



Trent and Grant got to go to Johnny B's birthday on April 24th! Grant did not want a picture with the Storm Trooper!


3 comments:

  1. Everything always seems to happen as soon as someone leaves. Josh has quite the stories coming his way today I'm sure. You're a great mom though and always having fun with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie! Don't you hate it when your sidekick is gone? Everything seems to go to pot. At least around here. I feel your irritation. We have been knee deep in a tummy bug around here, sorry to have been M.I.A. Congratulations to Paul and Chera, exciting!! To quote a Seinfeld episode, "serenity now, serenity now". I really should have some more highbrow source for my quotes, but I don't. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Bet your glad that week is over. Your such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete