Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Small Talk

Trent said last night, "Mom I'm so glad you chose to marry dad." Then a few minutes later, "I'm glad he asked you to marry him!"

Grant calls air hockey-- air hock and sippy cups --sips!

Trent wanted me to record that he called tinkle --tinkey and Grant thought it was very funny!

Every few days Grant wants to watch "Boondockers" his dad's snowmobiling DVD! He loves it!

Blake is almost crawling!!

Trent's prayer:
Please bless I'll play football one day.
Please bless tomorrow will be fun and maybe we will call it the funnest day ever.
Please bless my soccer team will practice hard and we will win our games.
Please bless everyone in the world will lock their doors.
Please bless me and Grant will be reverent during the Sacrament.
Please bless we won't get the disease with spots like leopards, cheetahs and jaguars. (leprosy)

Trent was playing puzzles with 2 year old Taylee who I was babysitting! He said, "Taylee do you like Dora? Then let's do the Dora puzzle!" Then he said, "Taylee you are so good at this, you are even better than me!"

Grant said, "Sometimes I am doing right things and sometimes I amnt!"

Trent said, "Alyssa has a crush on me and McKinnon, like a boyfriend no husband, when she grows up she is going to search for us to kiss us. Maybe next year in first grade, well maybe we won't be in the same class!"

Trent accidentally kicked Grant this morning on the mouth! (We were all laying on the bed.) It sent Grant over the edge! Josh headed to the store to get milk and donuts! The boys fought a little and Grant was very grumpy! Trent left the room and I said, "Grant you seem to be having a hard morning, is there anything I can do for you?" He said, "Yes mom, call dad and tell him not to get Trent a donut!"

I love when kids repeat something you have taught them! I have told them on several occasions that if someone ever grabbed them in a store or at Disneyland, they are suppose to SCREAM "help this is not my mom!" So the other day a shady looking car drove by very slowly! The car caught my attention because I thought he was saying something to the boys! I went onto the driveway and asked if that car said anything to them. Trent said, "No, but there were kids in the back seat yelling help this is not our dad!" I said, "Trent if you are serious I need to call 911." He said that is what he thought he heard and that maybe he was wrong! I was dying that was so random!

During our "STREET" FHE I also explained to them that even Dad and I have to be careful crossing the street. Someone might be changing a CD or be looking down and not see us! So walking through a parking lot the other day we saw a car near us and Trent said, "Grant stay by me and mom that man might be changing his CD!"

2 comments:

  1. Julie!
    I can't remember the website that John uses to post all his pictures. Could you email it to me or leave a comment?
    Thanks!
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say Trent's prayer is my favorite. I was dying. He can jump topic to topic just like you. Amazing!!!! He is so amazingly creative in his prayers. What cute boys you have.

    ReplyDelete