Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter!!

On Saturday night Jen Child told Grant a little Easter Story! (Mind you Grant is afraid of the Easter Bunny and most of the characters at Disneyland!) She told him when she was a little girl she was sleeping and felt a little tickle around her nose and mouth! (She kind of tickled Grant's nose and mouth with 2 fingers!) He was sitting next to me on the couch and looked up at me with huge eyes! She then told him it was Easter Bunny kisses! Tears filled his eyes and he tried to climb on my lap! It terrified him!! She felt so bad!

I love having the boys match! I was super excited that all 3 could match this year!! Trent was so excited to find his basket that he got up at 3am! He came into our room and hovered over me, "Mom I think the Easter Bunny came, let's go check!" He was obviously excited so we went to the family room, flipped the lights on and he checked for eggs!" He came back to bed with me and could not sleep! I let him go hunt for his basket! I told him the Easter Bunny left me a note and his was red and Grant's was blue! (Good thing he is 5 and didn't wonder when I had read the note!) I heard him hunting for a while. He came back and said he had found Grant's but could not find his! He wondered if I had any ideas! I was so tired at this point and wanting to get some sleep I said, "Check your bathroom!" I could hear him in the bathroom pulling the shower curtain back! Then I heard the cellophane and him riffling through the basket! He came back in to my room and told me he got a shaving kit! He was still very excited and wanted to wake Grant and hunt for eggs! I told him no he had to sleep! He finally got to sleep a little after 5am!


The boys really excited to hunt for eggs! Grant in the middle of an Easter dance!! (Before they started hunting I ran to the pantry to check Grant's basket! I had to retie the cellophane from Trent's peeking!)






The boys are looking through the books we made them, "10 Things We Love About You." (Thank you Danylle for the fantastic idea!)



They loved the books!!

Dad made some special Easter German Pancakes!


I think they turned out pretty cool!

We did not have time to take pictures before church because Blake was asleep then Grant was asleep! So we tried to snap a few at Jill and Mike's house! It was very important to me to get good pictures so I got a little testy! Sorry Josh!!


Obviously we did not succeed this year!! Grant did not feel well, Trent wanted to play with cousins and Blake had just woken up and was hungry! Grant spent his time laying on the couch or ottoman! Then he told Parker, "I need a little rest, I will play with you when I'm done!" He went into my parent's bedroom, climbed in the covers and snuggled up! He told me it is the most comfy bed in the world! He stayed in there resting for a long time!

We had dinner at the Simmon's house with my sibilings and the Parkes Family! (My cousin Shawna and her husband Barry and their 3 girls - Jessica, Becca and Mo.)


The Easter Bunny came, much to the kids dismay! (Mainly Grant and Parker.)
Blake liked him . . .
for a minute!
Dad helped make everyone comfortable with the bunny!!
Even Grant!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute Easter clothes! I love that they all match! I love the picture of Grant in the pantry and Blake with the cellophane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to let you know I copied you on the books. I made one for each kid and they love them. Thanks for such a sweet idea!!!

    ReplyDelete