Friday, April 24, 2009

Small Talk

Grant is a narrator. He explains everything the best he can. He is also a rhymer. This morning he came in and said, "Mom I need a jacket packet lemon lacket." I told him I thought he was a great rhymer. He told me, "I do things that I do and I hate things that I hate!" Ok!

He was trying to explain to me the shoes he wanted to wear today. I could not figure out which ones he was talking about! He said, "I know what myself is talking about."

Grant told me, "Blake has 2 tooths, if there are 2 he has teeth. He has 2 teeth. Blakey I like your teeth in your red stuff!" I was thrilled he self-corrected!

This morning at 8:20am Grant was ready for school and wanted to ride his bike around the driveway. He was excited they were going on a field trip to the park. I told him he could ride a couple times then come in. He was not allowed to go to the Brockbanks, NO crossing the street. He came in a few minutes later and announced, "They said I was early and to head home." What? Did he cross the street and go to the Brockbanks? Better yet, he went to school! I asked him why he rode to school. He told me, "Because I forgot to do that thing you said." I replied, "Not cross the street!" Needless to say Grant went with the carpool today and did not ride his bike back!!

When I told him the park had been canceled he was pretty upset! He told me, "I only like parks. I only like to go to school when there is a park. I am not going to school because there is no park."

Tuesday, April 21, Trent taught Blake to climb the stairs! He is very patient with Blake and adores him! Although now he is thinking he might like Grandma Evelyn's dog a little more than Blake! I told him now he has to teach Blake to come down! Blake is now obsessed with stairs and Trent is paranoid Blake will get hurt on the stairs!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That Grant has heard a Dr. Seuss story or two, hasn't he! His antics are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be the age, Logan is into taking one letter off a word like turtle and calling it urtle. LOL Blake is lucky to have such a nice big brother :)

    ReplyDelete