Monday, March 23, 2009

A weekend with Rowdy!

Trent was counting down the days 'till he got to bring home the Kindergarten Class Gerbil, Rowdy!! Friday, March 20th I picked up Trent and Rowdy from school!

At 5:30pm we took Trent to Grandma Evelyn's house! He got to have a sleepover with Johnny B! Mikaylee and Hadley stayed while Ben and Beckee went to a play! Grant came home with me to see dad, who arrived around 7pm! (Once Josh got home we ran back to Evelyn's so Josh could say hello to Trent!)

Trent peeking at Rowdy but still smiling! The kids were all excited about the Gerbil! Trent was using the washcloth (which I threw away) to hold him because he was nervous! Saturday morning I called over there and he got on the phone and was super excited because he had held Rowdy many times without the washcloth!! He wanted me to tell Grant and Dad!! I guess Grandma Evelyn was calling him Rudy until Trent corrected her!

Saturday morning Grant said, "I miss Rowdy! Mom, let's go get Trent and Rowdy in the Maxima, I'll drive and you sit in back!" We picked them up and headed home to say bye to Grandma and Grandpa!
Here is some of the conversation on the way home:
Trent said, "Rowdy always has a smiley face on!"
Trent also said, "Grant you hurt his feelings, he's crying. I can tell, he's looking for his mom to tell on you!"
Grant asked how Rowdy gets a drink. Trent told him, "Grant, his house is like our house he gets a drink whenever he wants."
Trent asked Grant, "Do you love when I'm in charge of Rowdy?"
The sense of ownership Trent felt this weekend was both cute and funny!! Grant was so excited for Trent to bring Rowdy home yet very nervous!!
Grandma and Grandpa came by to say goodbye and see Rowdy! Saturday night we had a babysitter and we told Trent we did not want anyone playing with Rowdy! We did not want to lose the class pet!!


Dad and Ben Child drove Rowdy back to school for us on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures with Rowdy and the last one of Trent. The conversation in the car... too funny!

    ReplyDelete