Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tumbleweed

This morning the boys went outside to ride bikes and the wind was blowing HARD! They brought their bikes back to the garage and decided to chase tumbleweed! They had a great morning! I was cracking up because it was such a big deal to Grant! They kept running into the garage to show me what they caught! (I was in the garage with Blake monitoring because I don’t trust Grant with the street lately!) Grant would say, “Trent was running to catch the big one for me and he grabbed it by the stick and caught it! Then we saw another big one by the front door and a little one by the tree!” He was thrilled! He wanted to bring them all in the house to save them! (some were BIG) I suggested saving them in the backyard! I opened the gate and they went back and Grant yelled out, “Trent, I have a great idea, we can keep them in the toy box!” It is an outside toy box! I was thinking how important it is to let boys be boys! Tonight I was lying down with Grant and saw a goose egg on the side of his forehead with a cut in the middle! It was about the size of a nickel! I knew it was fresh and not sure what from! He was convinced it was from chasing tumbleweed! He did his little sigh, poor me voice, “Mom, I am so tired about chasing tumbleweeds!” He has some Batman gloves, just the cotton kind, that he loves to wear! He told me, “When Trent got the big one; I gave him a glove for the poky!”

No comments:

Post a Comment