Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Small Talk

When Grant’s clothes are inside out, he always says, “Mom, I need help my shirt is inside outside!”

Grant calls Blake, “Blakey-pie!” (from me) He calls Trent, “Trenty Kalamazoo!” (from my dad, Trenty-pooh from Kalamazoo)

When Grant is super excited or super impressed he says, “That’s freakin’ awesome!” with a really intense “I’m a teenager” voice! It makes me laugh because it is his thing, but I know a 3 yr. old does not need to be saying “freakin’!”

Tonight we were reading in the Book of Mormon about the church of the Lamb fighting the most abominable whore of all the earth! It said that the saints of the church were armed with righteousness! Trent said, “It’s like we’re holding hands with righteousness so tight that you’ll cry all the days and all the nights!” We talked a little bit about how you are armed with righteousness! He tries to explain his emotions sometimes and I love it!! We’ll be driving and he’ll say, “Mom, I love you and Dad and Grant and Blake so much I think I am going to cry!” So to Trent I say, keep saying your prayers kid-o, you will never follow Satan’s path, you are awesome!! I love you!

The boys love to read “Biggest, Baddest and Loudest!” It is a very cool animal book!! After Trent fell asleep, I thought Grant would want to hear a little more! He came down on the floor to lay next to me! As I read about certain animals I could tell it was scaring him! He wanted to know if we were going to ever own any of these animals! He kept interrupting me (every second) to ask if the animal did that to people or if the animal ate people or chased people or wanted to catch or cut people! He wanted to know what was in the San Diego Zoo. Then we turned to the page that had a bat in the middle! The bat was chunky and furry and gross! He showed me how to hold and fold the book so he could not see the bat, but could still see the Blue Whale! The bat was scaring him! I told him we should close the book and just rest! I started to talk to him about where animals live and that he doesn’t need to be scared! He said, “I know mom, they live in South America and Africa! We live by McKinnon’s house and McKinnon’s house has nothing scary!” Talking with Grant is fun for me, to Grant I say, it is delightful being your mother! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment