Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Disneyland

March 10 – 15, 2009
Josh and I went to bed Monday night at 2am! We got up at 5am to hit the road! We stopped by Josh’s work for about 40 minutes! The kids did great on the drive! I was so nervous about Blake being in his seat for so long, but he did great too!!

As we drove, Grant was looking for “elk, deer and rats” out his window!

Tuesday evening we drove to the Christoffersen’s house! We had a wonderful visit! It was Josh’s first time meeting them (and you never would have known!) We would love to have stayed and chatted all night but we left around bedtime! Dominique keeps saying it was out of the way for us, but it was such a pleasure and we were thrilled they were free!!! We love them!!

Wednesday morning I was getting Grant ready to go and said, “Now try really hard not to wet your pants! If you need to go I will take you or Dad will!” He looked a little concerned and said, “Will Mickey take me to the bathroom?” I told him no! He was very relieved!! I realized he had no idea what Disneyland was! Especially after Mike tied his shoe at breakfast and Grant told me, “Mom, Uncle Mike tied my shoe at Disneyland!”




Grant adores Austin and calls him Mr. Austy!



Trent found the real Mickey Mouse, or his offspring, and took about 20 pictures of him!! So here is one!!







Trent had a fever and headache almost all 3 days!! He was such a good sport though!! He really enjoyed getting the character's signatures!! (So did I, I was pretty much chasing them down for him!!! Literally!!!)








Grandpa brought Mario's from Glendale for us to eat for lunch!! Everyone was very excited!! Although I was still thinking about those cream cheese filled pretzels!!



Grant was scared of the characters!! Very scared!!





Briar Bear, who I thought was Baloo, peeking to see Blake sleeping!! I called him Baloo several times and got in trouble - - by the end he gave me a surprise hug!!













In the Aladdin Theater! Grant snored through the whole thing!! Hopefully my dad and I did not make as much noise!! It is an AWESOME performance, we were just exhausted!!


Uncle Matt put Blake in the Snakes!!



Braedon was picked from the audience! Jen, Jill and Josh were yelling at Trent to jump! He jumped and jumped and was picked!! It was so exciting and darling!!! Trent fought Darth Vader and Braedon fought Darth Maul!! Darth Maul was freaky!! I cheered really loudly for a good guy and got the stare down from Darth Maul, everyone around us was watching because it was so freaky!!








We were thrilled Trent had the courage to go up there!! It was so much fun!!! (Scared Grant pretty good!)


Goofy's kitchen!! Trent and Lizzy were so excited for Goofy's kitchen to meet characters! Meredith came and met us!! We were thrilled at the chance to see her and appreciative she drove to see us!! Growing up she was a member of the family!! Everyone adores her!! She is so darn cute my dad always teases about her and Johnny hooking up!! (Wouldn't that be awesome!)
The buffet was very good, salads, turkey, prime rib, potatoes, chinese food, soup, rolls. Kid's buffet had peanutbutter and jelly pizza, noodles with butter, mac n cheese, hot dogs, pizza, etc. The dessert buffet was fun too!!


Blake tried to eat Minnie's nose!! At this dinner Grant started to warm up to the characters a little!! Trent sat with my parents, so we passed the camera back and forth!







Goofy made a cake to music and let the kids join in!!




Two sleepers!
Walking down Mainstreet I asked Grant what his favorite ride was. He replied the swings! I asked which swings. He said, "The swings in the backyard at home!"
Trent's favorite rides: Soaring Over CA, Rockets, Big Thunder Railroad, Toy Story and Jungle Cruise. Favorite treat: Churro, Pretzel with Cream Cheese
Grant's favorite rides: Soaring over CA, Carousel, Buzz, Rockets. Favorite treat: churro.
I forgot swim trunks, so we made them swim in their underwear! Reese's were the only one's in the hot tub anyway! So walking home from Disneyland one night Grant said, "Mom, can I go to the hotel and put on my underwear and go in the hot tub?"
Trent's favorite restaurants are: Olive Garden, In N Out, McDonalds

Saturday we drove to Glendale, had a Tommy's and went to see Grandma G. Uncle Kent was there visiting! He was too cute with his camera! I said how much he and my mom looked alike and he said, here's my camera, take a picture!!

We took the kids to Brand Park (which is the park I grew up by!)



At Grandma G's house!

We took Grandma G. to Pat and Oscar's! The Shanklins, Clarks and Rick came too!!
We drove home Sunday and Josh left Monday morning at 8:15am for Ohio!! Quick turn around!! We miss him!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Julie! You have been BUSY! I love seeing all the pictures. I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time! Love the picture of Grant with the Chipmunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, oh my word! You did an awesome job! This is the longest post I have ever seen! I love all your pix!!! But I really love that you attacked Pooh Bear to get a photo!! Anything for our childrens happiness! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryssa and Sariah spent the morning looking at your blog and they loved the Disneyland pictures. They kept saying oh I remember that ride it was fun, or that was cool. Then they asked when we were going to Disneyland again. It looked like you had a fun time. I love Disneyland with children, it makes everything more fun.

    ReplyDelete