Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Small Talk

March 3, 2009
I am so grateful Grant can talk, because I love seeing things from his point of view! We drove past a church by Costco and he asked, “Is that the Bismarck Temple?”

We were making cheese sandwiches on the griddle. We had out the cheese and butter! He was about to turn on the facet right next to the griddle and I said, “Don’t turn the water on Grant or we will have a scary mess on our hands!!” He looked at me and said, “Will we have cheese and butter on our hands?” He is very literal!

Grant asked Josh to glue boots onto his little skateboard so he could riiiiiiide down the driveway!!

He wanted me to tickle his back! He told me, “When you do it on top it feels like I’m flying in a cloud!”

Whenever Grant is going to do a stunt or a trick, he starts singing, “The boys are back!” It gets Trent’s attention every time!

Last week Trent rode Grant to school everyday! Grant loved it!! Trent would circle back around to make sure Grant was keeping up!! It was very sweet of Trent!

We were looking at Mountain Lion's online triggered by Paul and Chera's "footprint" sighting! There were many links to videos we could watch! We watched a bunch! Some are homemade, some are National Geographics etc. Josh had warned me that on U-tube some videos could be crass! I was trying to click on the ones that looked legit! As one came up we heard a bad word very softly so I closed it fast!! Trent asked me what it meant (I was sorry he had caught it.) I told him it was a bad gross word referring to private parts! It was not a respectful comfortable word! Later talking to Jen Child, she laughed and wondered I didn't just say a Mountain Lion was a Pussy-cat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment