Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Trent and Grant woke up and followed the trail of Gold Coins the leprechaun left! (Sorry he doesn't have shorts on! We are not ready for undies at night yet!)

The leprechaun left green pads of paper, Andes Mints, Silly String, water balloons and ring pops!!



That silly leprechaun tinkled in our toilet!


Blake got a ball that he chewed on all morning!



The leprechaun went for it and sprung for a $5 shirt from Target (because she cannot stand to see Trent rotate his 2 favorite shirts all week long anymore!!) Luckily, he really liked it!!


Picture by Trent!

All showered and ready to head outside! The boys did not want me to make green German Pancakes because they wanted to eat cereal quick and ride their bikes! Once they went out, they rode for a while and we ended up doing water balloons all morning with lots of neighbors!! Grant was soaked!! The others stayed pretty dry (they had school later!) It was a beautiful day! The sun felt fantastic!! I remember most St. Pati's Day having snow or rain! This day was a gift!! Grant did a little weeding while Trent was at school!! He brought all the weeds into the house to show me!! Then later he drew all over the doors to the deck with black indelible ink because he couldn't find his pad of paper! The leprechauns messed up Trent's classroom and left gold coins! They flipped tables and chairs over!! Glad they don't do that at my house!! At school Trent and Brysen got a glimpse of a leprechaun!! (Oh, anything to make the end of winter fun!!)

Blake's first St. Patrick's Day!



With Dad in Ohio, we want to show him a picture of Grant riding his bike!!! Tomorrow I need to teach him how to take off on his own!!


Awesome rider!! He wants a ramp for his birthday!

Jen invited us to dinner!! Trent and Grant both fell asleep driving to her house! Blake screamed the whole way - which broke my heart!!

Dinner was yummy!! Sweet and Sour Chicken!! I really enjoyed Jill's jello and everyone said my teeth were green! The kids played "House Tag" outside! Matt's idea to make Trent and Lizzy happy! Tag for Trent and playing house for Lizzy!! Grant just really wanted to be the dad!! Jen made really good butter cream frosting!!



Just wanted to show off my socks!! Jen was laughing tonight at how OCD I am!! She thinks it is funny that I am sooo into this blog! I thought it was cute she noticed because I have felt a little OCD over this blog since I started it!! I do enjoy keeping track of thoughts, comments and pictures!! Josh, I hope you read this on your laptop! The kids talked the whole way home about how much they miss you! I wouldn't let them call because I was hoping you were asleep!! (Josh is a long distance driving STUD who was VERY VERY VERY tired Monday morning!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the pictures of St. Patrick's Day! I wish I would have gotten one of our green toilet! :) Cute invite Jen made to the party, and I love your green socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!! You are such a creative mommy. I think the leprechauns will have to pee in our potty next year, great idea. Jen's party was so cute, I love seeing all the green food. You are not OCD with your blog (although you do need to get in bed a bit earlier, my dear, 1:15 whoa) I love seeing all the pictures of your family and hearing stories about what your kids say and do. Your family will be so thrilled years from now to have this to look back upon. Great Job Julie.

    ReplyDelete