Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday in ND

August 11
Off to the Dakota zoo!! We rode the train around the zoo! The kids really enjoyed it!
There were a few things we wanted to walk back to see so we rented a little tiger wagon! It worked out great! Grant fed Blake popcorn!



The sea otters were very active! We enjoyed seeing them swim around!


Grant thoroughly enjoyed watching this baby monkey swing around! It was darling!

Lucky enough to get an up-close with the tiger!



Feeding the goats! I am on the phone with Sonya talking about the Condie's! Late Monday night Jenette Burr called to tell me that Joslyn's dad and brothers were killed in a plane crash Friday night! Jed was flying the plane to Oregon for them to fish! So Jordan, Shelley's husband was the other brother, then Ron Joslyn's dad!


After the zoo we went to Erberts & Gerberts for lunch! My dad stayed in the car with Blake sleeping! Grant was very tired and would not eat! The people gave us free cookies because it was our first time in! It was very yummy!
Because Blake was sleeping we took a little drive! We saw the sites where the Mandan Native Americans had lived! It was a hill that overlooked the Missouri River! We drove down to the River and it was so pretty! Josh and I really enjoyed seeing Bismarck! Beautiful country!
We headed home and the kids played! We wanted them to nap but instead Josh and I fell asleep!
My mom took the kids to McDonald's and my dad, Josh and I tried to go to Roby's Steakhouse! It was closed so we went to Texas Roadhouse! My parent's really wanted us to eat there b/c Roby raises his own beef and it is incredible! The restaurant is off the freeway in the middle of no where!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a blast on your family vacation. Love seeing all the pictures-oh and the helicopter ride. I bet your boys will remember that forever!

    ReplyDelete