Friday, August 7, 2009

Off to Rapid City

Friday, August 7, 2009
Our flight left at 10:07am! We were so excited to go see Grandma and Grandpa in Rapid City! On the plane Grant pulled out the big horse bounce ball he bought at Wal Mart! Blake went wild! We tried to let him hold it . . . but he just wanted to throw it! We hid the ball and the flight was better! We arrived and the first stop . . . Fuddruckers for lunch! I waited in the car with sleeping Blake! Next stop . . . Bear Country USA! The boys rode up front to see better!

Our timing was great and we hit the end of Sturgess! It was fun to see bikes everywhere!!! Waiting in the President's Slide parking lot, Josh, my Dad and the boys counted 100 motorcycles go by in under 3 1/2 minutes!
Trent with Grandma!
Dad, Grant and me!


We were thrilled to take a helicopter ride over Mt. Rushmore! We put our headsets on, but Josh could not talk on his! Once Grant realized he could broadcast, we heard a little humming and rhyming! The pilot and I were cracking up!! He told us we did not need to duck down b/c the blades are so high up! I told him the boys copied me and I watch 24! Pete got a kick out of the boys! Pete asked about Grant's head and said he was glad Josh put his hand up to block us from a big metal point on the front of the plane! (As we walked around to get in!) I told him it was a self haircut! He was shocked! Trent didn't think we could hear him, Pete assured him we could! Then a little "Thank you" was heard! As we reached Mt. Rushmore, the awesome part, "Mom mom mom I need a drink!" It was Grant! Again Pete and I cracked up! And I'm sure Josh, but we could not hear him! We went over a Gold mine and I didn't think the boys heard Pete . . . so I said, "Look at the big hole you guys!" Pete was cracking up, he said, "Mine hole same difference!" Pete really laid it down on some of the turns, it was crazy!! My mom validated and said she has not seen pilot drive like that! I am sure b/c of the boys!
My little rhymer!!
Aerial view of Mt. Rushmore!
Oh some of the biker outfits we saw! A**less black leather chaps, with black bikini bottoms, on a not so skinny women!! WOW!! We all did a double take and Josh tried to get a pix for Johnny!



We headed to the hotel to swim! The boys loved it!! We stayed in this hotel for the swim area!



Trent's photo shoot begins!





We had some cold cereal and off to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment