Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday in South Dakota

August 9
After church we went to Black Hills Bagels! Trent calls it "Black Bagels." Blake was asleep in the car, so my mom stayed and then switched with my dad!
Josh made me get in the pictures! There was a lady laughing at me! Thanks to Josh teasing . . . I held this position quite a while!!

We changed at the hotel, packed up, and headed to Dinosaur Hill!










Which the boys loved!! Grant vroomed his motorcycle on the dinosaur!!

We debated going to Storybook Island! I am sooooo glad we did!! Josh was not for it and ended up taking a photo shoot inside!!

Josh remembered these from Park City when he was young! Being the first thing in Storybook Island, it put a good taste in his mouth for the park!!

Jack and the bean stock!


Blake was funny and enjoyed himself!


A dwarf outside SnowWhite's house!!












It was raining when we left. We hopped in the car and started driving to Bismarck - 5 1/2 hour drive! I love the feeling of driving with everyone in the car, in the rain, seeing new cities! We stopped for dinner at the Country Kitchen in Dickinson. Again, it was so fun to be in the rain in a little family restaurant somewhere new! I loved it!! About 20 minutes outside of Bismarck we stopped to see Salem Sue - the world's largest Holstein Cow!! There was huge storm coming!!


Josh had a little drink . . . then an older women with white hair copied him! We cracked up!


We arrived at their house around 9:30 pm our time, 10:30pm their time! Grant said, "Oh so Grandma and Grandpa sleep here, I didn't know there were 2 temples!" I explained to him a temple and a house! Grant told Grandpa, "I like your house, except I hate the upstairs because there are no toys!" Trent said, "Grandpa I really like your house! I didn't know I would like it this much!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a whirlwind adventure. I think I need a nap just looking at all the pictures. You look terrific. Hope you guys are having a blast. See you soon, not soon enough though!

    ReplyDelete