Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shields

Thank you to Ruth - we are now doing shields (along with our chore chart)!! The boys get 10 shields a day, each represents 10 cents! They lose shields for bad choices - don't do chores, mean voice, whining (Josh's favorite), hitting etc. They move the shields when one is taken away! At the end of the day we tally and start over! At the end of the week, they pay tithing on earnings, then put half for savings/mission, half for fun!!



When they lose one, they just lower it!

I let them choose shields or stars! They chose shields! We were talking about how good choices and following the commandments protects you! Putting on the Armor of God!

It is the shield of righteousness - it will keep you protected!! But if you make bad choices . . . (I wasn't sure how I was going to word it) then Trent said, “The shield is behind you and bad can hit you. Grant, you want it in front!”

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea Julie! You'll have to let me know where to get the stuff to make it work. I love ideas like this that can make a big impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea! I would love to hear more about this one too and where I can get all the stuff. I've been trying to come up with something similar, so I would love to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete