Thursday, July 9, 2009

Becker Business

My friend Courtney’s dad was attacked by 2 Rottweilers while trying to find a fishing spot in Circleville! We were with her when she received the call and took off to the hospital!! The next day at swimming lessons I was talking to Jenette (who had Courtney’s kids for the night) asking about her dad! As we drove away Trent said, “Mom you really care about people a lot!” I responded with the “people are the most important thing; Jesus wants us to love one another and help each other.” He said, “Grandma Gayle and Grandpa John really care about people too!” I asked, “How do you know that?” Trent “They taught you.”
Meanwhile, Grant had determined, “If Grandpa John was attacked by dogs we would fly to him and give him a present even though it’s not his birthday!” Trent’s response, “Grant I don’t think Grandpa will be attacked!”

Driving to the Dentist today for Trent’s appointment, Grant said, “Mommy will you ask Nick Groneman if 2 brothers go to the Dentist and only 1 sits in the chair will they both get a prize?” Nick was Trent’s soccer coach this past season! Grant usually refers to him as Nick Groneman or Dr. Groneman! Nick’s answer was a resounding “BOTH get prizes!”

I set Blake on the desktop by the computer! He was messing with the phone and got a recording! He held the phone in front of him and in a sweet voice started to talk back! I was cracking up!!

Grant was dancing for Blake while Trent got his cavity filled and Blake loved it! I was worried his laugh was so boisterous that Nick wouldn’t be able to concentrate! And by the way, Trent told me this afternoon that he really did enjoy getting his filling - - it was a “fun” experience!! Yes – anyone who wants Nick’s number I would be glad to hand it out!!

When Blake sees Josh he says, “DaDa” and smiles and laughs!!

I was doing an exercise video the other day and I was on my back! I had to put one leg in the air! I looked over next to me and Blake was flat on his back trying to put one leg in the air!! I could not believe it!! First of all he never lays flat on his back - - secondly he was laughing!!!!

Blake points and we love it!! He also put my cell phone to his ear!! Sweet thing also has had a fever for 3 days and I don’t know if its teeth or ears! He is getting at least 3 teeth on the top and possibly 2 more than that! I heard him grind the top teeth with the bottom the other day!!

1 comment:

  1. Trent is very observant. He catches onto things that I don't think most kids would. He is a sweetheart! You ARE great with people and your parents HAVE taught you well! And you are teaching Trent well by your example!

    ReplyDelete