Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

We drove to the cabin Thursday July 2 and Blake threw up in his car seat pretty consistently for about 20 minutes! It was heartbreaking!! Then Grant turned on the fireplace to warm up! After a bit turned it off and touched it with the back of his hand! We kept it in cold water for hours! The next day we saw the burn was pretty bad in one spot, ring finger, a little better on the pinky finger and just red burn all around in a big U shape! I think the water helped because he handled it very well!! Friday we let the roofer in then took off to swim in Park City with the Burrs!

That evening we went to the Oakley Rodeo which was a Blast!! It is a fun tradition my family has for the 4th! My boys could not believe Johnny was dressed as cowboy! They loved it!! I took Trent to the bathroom and we snuck under the bleachers to grab ankles! I used all my strength to lift him up over my head to get Josh! It was so much fun!! I got Paul and Grant! When Trent tried to get Johnny, he said, “Mom it won’t work, he has cowboy boots on!” I had to explain to Grant that it was me underneath who touched him!! At one point Grant slipped off the bench and Paul grabbed him! Scared us BAD!! Bleachers were not constructed for children! When the announcer wanted all the people from California to yell, Trent really wished Dominique was there to yell! Josh wanted a BIG drink from the gas station and I knew I wanted some and the boys would too, so I got . . .



Saturday July 4th
Josh’s family won the grand prize in the Children’s Parade on June 27! That meant we got to march in the 4th of July Freedom Parade in Provo! It was very fun! The boys rode their scooters and Josh pushed Blake! I could not bring myself to wave because I felt silly! We had a little rain and then lots of sun!! We hopped out of the parade by Evelyn so the boys could watch the rest!










After the parade we had a BBQ at the Stanton’s house! Grandpa Verne came by to drop off some outfits to the kids!

In Grandma Stanton's front room wanting to put their new clothes on!


Holidays are so hard for babies!!
We went to visit Grandma Laura and Josh bought her fish tacos from Betos! After that we swam with my sister’s for a couple hours! Josh ran to get CafĂ© Rio, Jill had Blake, and I could not get out of the pool! It felt so good to swim!! Grant and Blake fell asleep on the way home! Josh went to the basement to watch a little TV and Trent and I tried to do some sparklers! They were from the night with the Simmons and they were not working! (they had been rained on) The Condie’s pulled up at 9:45pm and wanted to take Trent to Thanksgiving Point Fireworks! He first said yes then quickly said no and told me, “It is a holiday and I feel like I want to be with the family on holidays!”

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Julie! Love all of Trent's comments! Thanks for sending me the pictures.

    ReplyDelete