Saturday, July 25, 2009

Allowance

We have spent the last 3 days pricing out frogs and bowls! Actually, Josh has been the main one! Different pet stores say different things, so we had to find the truth! Our findings: you can get African frogs and Beta fish without a filtration system! So Trent bought 2 frogs, food and a net with his allowance. We bought a bowl and Grant got a fish! Due to Grant's Deseret Book stickers he bought for $2.60, he owes us a little for his fish!


Trent named his frogs Oreo and Black-A. He changed them to Oreo and Trent! Grant named the fish Pabby, then Bob, then Fish! Driving in the car yesterday, he said, "Mom, I can't wait to see if Uncle Billy is at our house when we get home!" I said, "Oh, buddy, remember Uncle Billy was staying in the back house with Uncle Johnny! He flew home!" Grant smiled big, "Uncle Billy is my fish mom!" Well, sad to say, Uncle Billy was dead this morning! So Josh took him to the pet store and bought Bob Reese! By the time they got home he had changed his name to Crayon!
The morning after we got them Trent reported that the frogs snoring woke him up! I was cracking up! Come to find out from a neighbor with the same frogs, they do make a funny noise at night! I am going to sleep with them one night on my night stand so I can hear! Last night I was putting the boys to bed at 10:30 and I thought I heard the frogs! (It was actually distant fireworks!) Trent said, "No mom, you don't hear them yet, they don't go to bed until 10:00." He saw their eyes slowly close the other night as they went to sleep! So he said!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this post. From the name changes, to the dead fish, to the snoring frogs, I love every part. Thank you for sharing all this sweet little boy-ness. Squeeze those two for me. I love the name Crayon!!!

    ReplyDelete