Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kanosh (We had not heard of it either!)

Camping Friday, May 22 - Sunday, May 24, 2009
Grant got his suitcase packed with his stuff and Blake’s stuff! He was so excited! He took the suitcase out front to the truck and put it in the truck, then in the open trailer by the 4-wheelers, then next to the truck bed etc. He couldn’t wait for dad to get home!!

Jared Burr came into our house to see if he could carry anything for me and Trent said, “Thank you Jared for letting us sleep in your trailer!” (I was shocked . . . that was not prompted!)

Driving in the car to Kanosh:
Grant: I can’t wait to smell something tonight in Jenette Burr’s trailer, like a bear!

Mom: Next year Trent will be in 1st grade and Grant you get to go to a new pre-school!
Grant: Does it have Field Trips? I will only go to a school next year that has Field Trips.

Grant: Let’s get a bird feeder and a bird drinker.
Mom: We have a Humming Bird feeder and the red drink is all they all need. I think that is the only bird that does not need food and water. Josh is that true?
Trent: Mom Blake is like a Humming Bird; your milk is his food and water!

Bracken taught Trent to climb this tree! Trent loved it!!



While camping:
Grant: Where’s my alligator? (He couldn’t find his Gatorade.)

A man drove by on a kid motorcycle and Grant yelled: Hi mini-man!


Trent and Megan!!

Josh, Grant and I went for a ride in the Burr’s Razor or should I say “jaunting car!” We went on this darling little trail with yellow and purple flowers on both sides!! I was expecting a gnome to jump out! It truly reminded me of “The Gnome mobile.” (a childhood favorite movie) It was very fun! Josh looked like the dad in “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!” Mud was flying everywhere! Down Josh’s pants, down my shirt, EVERYWHERE! Grant said, “Mom the mud is doing cannon balls!”



Saturday late afternoon we drove about 20 minutes back through Kanosh to some hot pots! Trent enjoyed diving and jumping to Josh! Grant enjoyed for a few minutes then hung on my lap! I spent my time swatting tiny little bugs away that started to bite me! I had little welts on my arms and neck! Paranoid about Blake I focused in on his hair and ears to keep them away! They were not interested in Grant’s hair! When we got back to the truck I saw that Blake had some tiny little blood spots on his scalp from those darn bugs! I was mad!




Sunday we drove home in time for church! Josh taught our Sunbeam class since my eye was swollen and nasty!

Our camping problems included: me getting pink eye, Grant throwing up in the sleeping bag he, Trent and I were all sharing, Blake not sleeping through the night in a fifth wheel (they call it) full of people! It rained quite a bit which was actually fun!

Grant probably enjoyed his little suitcase more than anything! Trent did the same thing for years! He would pull something out of it, and then zip it back up! Before bed he found a place for it that made him happy! It cracked me up!! (Usually I want control over all the clothes, clean and dirty. But it brings them so much joy to be independent I had to let go!)

2 comments:

  1. Kanosh is great Curtis and I have gone down there four wheeling with his family when Maryssa and Sariah were younger. It looks like a lot of fun. I tend to be a clothes controller also.

    ReplyDelete