Thursday, May 14, 2009

Becker Business

Grant loves grilled cheese! He gets the cheese out of the fridge and the butter out with a stool, 2 pieces of bread, the pan, a knife and a spatula! He likes to do it all himself, including flipping it!

Trent slept at Jill’s house Sunday May 3rd! (My parent’s arrived that night and left May 10!) Grant wanted to stay too! We asked him a bunch of times to make sure! About 9:30am we got a call! Grant told Jill, “I tricked my mom and dad that I wanted to stay; I really want to go home!” So they decided to send him with Paul and Chera! This made him nervous (you know how kids get!) He wanted Grandpa to drive him home! What if Grandpa loaded you into your booster and gave you a Leapster to play with on the way home? The answer, “He can only put me in if I’m asleep!” I guess they were all cracking up - - I was hoping Paul and Chera were not offended!! Two days later Paul and Grant boxed on the Wii and I think all is well!! Oh, kids, how we wish we could control them!

Grant thought Grandma Laura’s dog was a Husky, Trent thought she was a Labraghini . . . Patsy is a Schipperke.

Grant was mad at Trent, “I am not going to play with you anymore, even when you say (high pitched voice now) ‘Grant I need you come here,’ I am not coming there!”

Grant, “Can dog’s open gates?” No. “Ok Calvin let’s go back outside to play!”

We had a nice Mother’s Day!! Josh made breakfast for Evelyn, my parents and me! It was great!! We went to Brittny’s house after church!! We had a very enjoyable day and the boys could not wait for me to open my presents!! Trent made me a plate at school and Grant planted a red flower for me at school in a cup! He must have told me 5 times, “We got to get the flowers when we were quiet!”

Josh is doing loans at the Mortgage Company!

Suzanne Reese had her 3rd boy and named him Dillon Reese Ellena!! Both of my sisters knew I would be jealous when I heard the Reese!! Baby #4 could be Reese????? Just kidding mom and dad!

May 8, Josh went on Trent’s Field Trip to the Thanksgiving Point Farm!! Trent was thrilled to have Dad go!! They both had to wear red to represent Miss Robbins class!! I appreciate Josh so much - - he is so willing to be involved!! I know from personal experience the teachers appreciate it too!! They don’t get dad’s very often . . . and when they do - - it’s AWESOME!!

Uncle Mark passed away Monday, May 11th at 8:30pm! He was able to bless his new grandson Mac on Mother’s Day (May 10th)!! His funeral is May 18th, when all the Stanton’s are home from Ryan Stanton’s wedding in DC! Uncle Marks’ passing breaks my heart so much it is hard to even comment!

Blake has not been completely himself lately! Come to find out his ear infection never healed and he has a sore throat and pink eye!! The little guy has not been feeling well, but is still such a precious little trooper!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Grant can cook his own grilled cheese!! Thats awesome... I need to step it up with my kids. Cute comment about high pitched voice. Very funny. Hope you can get Blake back to normal soon. I hate when my kids are sick. You are such a fun mom. Never a dull moment at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun update. Don't worry Paul and I weren't offended by Grant not wanting to ride with us. We just weren't sure which would be better to make him come with us or have him stay. Kids will be kids afterall. My first thought with the Uncle Mark story was of Mark Gardiner, I was confused, then it clicked. :D FYI, my grandparents moved from Wyoming and my brother will be here for rotation for school.

    ReplyDelete