Sunday, July 20, 2014

Good-bye

Sunday we packed up the back house and loaded the car! Of course it took WAY longer then we expected!!  The Denali was filled to overflowing!!!  (We knew there would be some room in the boat!!)  We said bye to Grandma and Grandpa, which was so sad!!!  Blake projected and started to cry about a rocket! It made it even sadder that he was projecting!!  It was so nice staying with them!! We went to Sunrise so I could say bye to Grandma G.!!  We were short on time but Josh and I agreed that was an important stop! I was able to express my love and appreciation to her!  So grateful I got to do that!!  We dropped off a few things for Josh's work (Zimms, Jason, Mark) and headed to the barn! 

After leaving my folks, my dad sent this poem on a group text! My dad is known for his funny poetry!  

Dear God; 

36 years ago you sent her here our little Julie we loved so dear

With complications at birth, we went to bended knee and pleaded that her needs you'd see

The answer soon came "It's not a little boy John, as you thought it would be " It's a sweet gift from God we named her Julie!

Welcomed home by her big sister Jen, They 
soon ruled the roost knowing others God would send.

Then came precious Jill followed by Johnny and Paul, Julie served as second mother to each and to all.

The years passed by quickly and now she's all grown, married to Josh with for precious ones of her own

A few hundred miles will keep us apart but Julie will always have a grip on our heart
We all love the Becker family! God bless you and keep you

Then Johnny sent:

Roses are red
violets are blue
Julie's best nickname
Is dirty rotten Jew. 

I obviously didn't get the poetic jeans. Well said John R. 

My Dad also sent a picture of their basement chalkboard, brought a tear to my eye:

At the barn Beckee came and took our kids to Evelyn's house! Ben, Josh, Seth and I loaded the boat/Denali! I wanted the barn cleaner but was out of time!!  It was lightly raining! We arrived late to Evelyn's! As I was crossing the street to Eve's house a big lightening struck and thunder sounded! I started to laugh and ran over to Josh and said, "What if I had been struck?" Boat and car loaded, on the brink of HUGE changes! I thought it was funny for some reason!! James Hancock came to see Josh! We ate ribs and headed to the temple for pictures of the cousins for Grandma Evelyn!

Dan, Stanton, Declan, Max, Cole, Josh, John, Trent
Owen, Bowen, Thomas, Grant, Emmett, Chase, Blake, Samuel, Gabe, Tan



Amelia, Had, Olivia, Lyd, Savannah
Mikaylee, Maryssa, Sariah
Emmaline, Evelyn


We had a prayer before leaving!

Saying bye to everyone once again was awful!!  It was hard for me to tell the brother in laws bye! I feel like with girls you express feelings, but not with brother in laws and I love them! As I walked to the car I saw James and just started crying that I hadn't hugged him, what if I had missed him and I love him!!   

Off to St. George with Ben and Beckee and Evelyn!!  That was a great reason to smile and cheer up!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment