Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trent

A couple things I don't want to forget about Trent!! He had some concerns and needed to talk to me! So during dance practice he snuck in and called me!! He called me alot this year!!  On caller Id I would hear, "Freedom E lem."  I ran to the phone because I knew it was Trent!!  So funny Mr. C let the kids use the phone so much!!

Doing music and multiplication flashcards with Trent I feel like I have learned a lesson!  Things can be overwhelming, but you have to start somewhere!!  I can see that by small things great things come to pass!!  Consistency pays off!!  Doing a little everyday really works!! Sometimes I want quick results and things to happen fast, but consistency pays off!!  I am grateful for this lesson!!

Trent had some hard friends this year!  Two boys in particular were very rough, rude, controlling and arrogant!  Seems so funny to say that about third graders!  It was hard!!  One boy loved the LA Lakers and had a ton of jerseys!  So his little neighbor loved the LA Lakers and got a jersey for Easter as well!  Jersey day at school was coming up and Trent wanted to buy a jersey! We took him to Fanzz and he wanted a Lakers jersey!  We started to talk to him about buying something he loves, not something somebody else loves!  He ended up crying telling us that one of the boys is mean to him.  When the boy heard that he had been to a Jazz game he told Trent he couldn't be in the friend group!!!  We left Fanzz and talked more in the car!  Trent ended up wanting a Gordon Hayward Jazz jersey!  Josh told us a few stories about how wonderful Hayward is in real life!!  Jersey day was also my vein surgery day! That morning Trent was a little nervous! We had talked about how to react and what to say to these boys!!  We were so proud of him for not following the crowd!!  Turns out the day went ok!!  We sure love that little man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment