Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jury Duty

I was at my folk's house Saturday night with the kids and Josh called at 5:25pm!! He told me I was summoned to Jury Duty Monday morning!  Months before I sent the court a letter of hardship stating I care for 4 children and my husband is self-employed!  This letter said to call by Friday the 8th (yesterday) at 5pm or fax if you had a problem!  I called the court number and left a message explaining I had just received my summons!  The recording said the trial was on and to come Monday morning!  Because it is the government and they can do whatever they want and have  too much control, I was nervous!!!  Monday morning I called and left 2 more messages!!  Blake had swimming, I had a Dr.'s appointment and the youth in our ward were on a Trek!  I was nervous all day Monday thinking "Am I in big trouble I am not there?"  Tuesday morning the 12th a very nice women from the court called me at 8am! She apologized for calling so early!  (Very cute of her and unnecessary!) I told her I was so glad she called and that I was stressed out!!  She said the letters must have gone out later than normal because she had had about 4 or 5 calls!! No problem and my name would just go back in the pool!!!  HUGE RELIEF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment