Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dr. Duffy

We went to Lydia's one year today! She weighs 15 pounds and 1 ounce! Turns out her head is not big and she is not tall!! I was wrong!! She had 4 shots! Dr. Duffy said she has failure to thrive because she is so small . . . so we had to draw blood! Poor baby, it was awful!! The gal who started us ended up on the phone! Good move I guess because the other 2 gals were not impressed at the size gauge she was going to use on Lydia! The one gal was disgusted! So I thanked the lady for making the bad one take the phone call!! Lydia screamed and screamed and we held her. They could not find a vein! After 2 pokes and lots of moving the needle by one gal, they switched!! (She really tried though,she even had a guy rip her glove off so she could feel better! I appreciated that!) On the second poke, the second gal got it! I was thrilled to see red blood!!

Lydia had barely calmed down when we got to the car! She looked down at the pink bandage on her arm and started crying! It was so sad!! Later when I tried to pull it off it upset her too!!

Results: Normal thyroid

No comments:

Post a Comment