Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TUBES

I could not sleep last night worrying we would be late to the hospital! Brinkley came over at 6:25am. We are arrived at AF Hospital at 6:45am. When Lydia wanted me (to nurse) Josh showed her the fish tank! They took us back at 7:20am. The nurses and Bart (the anesthesiologist) were wonderful!! We put Lydia in her gown . . . (which felt all too familiar!)







Starting to get upset . . .

Very sad and hungry . . .



They explained Lydia would be taken back, masked, asleep within 4 breaths, given a suppository of Tylenol, then surgery performed! Dr. Heidi came in and saw us, then they took Lyd at about 7:40am. Bart had one of the nurses carry her. (I worried it was because of my Primary Children's 2 men carrying away my screaming baby story, he assured me it wasn't. He said babies tend to like the nurses better!)


About 8:15am they brought back our crying Lydia! The bad pressure puss fluid filled ear from before, was, full of mucus. The somewhat fluid filled pressure ear from before, was, full of puss! Heidi said this poor baby girl would have some serious relief now!! After a few stat checks I was able to nurse her! She fell asleep! The curtain next to us did not have such luck! That poor baby boy screamed and screamed! They gave him a sippy of apple juice which he threw up and kept on screaming!! We left around 9am!


Lydia slept on the way home. Once in the house she got fussy! Sweet Jill came and got the boys at 11:30am! I was so grateful because Lydia needed me, but so did the other 3!! (to put it nicely . . . really they were fighting and teasing and whining!!) Once I got Lydia to sleep she had a 4 hour nap!! Thank you to Jill!! She woke up ready to eat and smiling!!


The boys have been testing her hearing all evening! Whispering "Lydia" from one side of her, to the next "Lydia, turn your head, can you hear me?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment