Saturday, November 20, 2010

While you were gone . . .

Trent decided to take Lydia to school!!



Grant got his tonsils out Thursday, November 11. Josh left Sunday, November 14 for China. He was suppose to come home Wednesday, November 24 but changed his plans for Saturday, November 20 . . . Hooray!!

While you were gone:
-I told Blake he could not use a certain towel. He very sadly and quietly sulked over to Grant who was laying on my bed and through tears whispered, "Mom said no towel Blake." Grant said he was sorry and mom should go to time-out! It was adorable!
-I was not getting Blake a band aide and he wanted one, so he said, "Maydays I need a band aide."
-I cannot walk around the house or turn around without someone at my feet!
-We had horrible nights. The kids triggered each other and woke each other up because of crying. Even my little 7 year old Trent . . . 3am, "Mom I need a drink of Grant's sprite."
-Blake started stuttering Monday. He is an amazing talker, but I think it is very age appropriate. It just breaks my heart because he does not like it!
-I get tired of being told I am the meanest mom ever because I want Grant to take his medicine.
-Told him he could not have Mickey Chicken Nuggets because I was worried they were too hard, so he squirted his pink Anti-biotic on the carpet.
-I was dozing off feeding Lydia in my bed (after 3 nights of no sleep) and Blake dumped her brand new infant Tylenol down my night stand and on the carpet in between the bed and night stand.
-I was worried Grant was not drinking and may not be able to use the bathroom so I put Miralax in his chocolate milk . . . which of course he wouldn't drink. So, without me knowing Blake did!! Poor baby had a full diaper later!!
-Blake put my sunglasses on the back of his head, just like dad, and said, "I go to work." Then in a really sweet little voice, "Bye love you, have a good day." We always say love you before dad leaves!
-Blake said, "Mom can I have some Scooby Doo?" He was talking about Mountain Dew. We had a can we let Grant pick thinking we would buy anything he would drink!
-When Lydia was really upset after shots Trent accidentally dropped a little figure on her tummy. I asked what happened and he told me that is why she was crying. Then he said, "So how do we get her to stop?"
-Blake singing BINGO is the best, "Farmer had dog, NGO, Bingo." I video taped it because it is his voice and beat that are so funny!!
-Poor Grant cries and moans LOUDLY at night. It was so hard. Especially Wednesday when Lydia didn't sleep because of shots and had a fever. Grant fell asleep on the couch and woke up about 8:15pm hysterical. I could not get him to take his medicine. After an hour he said, "Mom I can't stay asleep it hurts too much." Then he told me, "I need help calming down." Trent was not helping . . . you have spent enough time with him mom, I need help with math . . . just pin him down and force it in his throat . . . he is so loud . . . it does not hurt that bad. Trent was hurting Grant's feelings so I told Trent was not aloud to talk. Got the medicine in Grant after an hour and a half and was so tense I could have exploded!! In the middle of this Blake held up Grant's pull up and said, "Front or back, front or back mom, front or back." Because every night Grant says, "Front or back mom" and holds it up!

Some of my emails to Josh:
"Lydia 10 pounds 11 oz. Dropped in the curve but ok. . . Duffy does not want me to have milk or peanut butter and see how it goes. He said she is in the almost worry category we will see next time and maybe medicate for Reflux. Lydia really hurting after shots poor baby."
"Grant wants to know if my parent's ever had any children of their own? Your mom is headed to DC for work. Trent's tooth is hanging on. Grant wants me to tell you he is taking his medicine. I guess Sarah still likes Trent. . . and a little girl named Avery made him a paper airplane and put love Avery. . . so Trent told them love is just another way to say from."

1 comment:

  1. Oh Julie! I just love your blog. You post everything pretty and not so pretty. What a wonderful way you will have to remember what parenthood is really like. Brooke started to stutter after Reed was born, I think it was just an attempt to get more attention. It passed once I stopped focusing on it. Her teacher said she never did it at school. The Miralax is funny but poor Blake. You are such an awesome dedicated mom Julie. Love you much. Glad Josh came home early.

    ReplyDelete