Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday: Cookies and Teeth

Sunday after church Dad needed to sleep so I had planned to make no-bake turkey cookies with the kids! I thought I had everything but did not. Had to borrow quick cooking oats from Joslyn. I also wanted to do turkey sugar cookies. At the store we could not find candy corn so we bought fruit wedges. I also forgot frosting so I made some chocolate frosting I found in my recipe book. Turns out it was more like fudge, yikes. The wedges for feathers looked ridiculous too. I wanted the kids to be able to take some to their friends . . . we did not!! Blake shook the new package of toothpicks all over. The boys laughed so I made them clean it up!! Oh well, at least they had fun!!



After our cookies fiasco we went to the McKinney's house for dinner. Trent's tooth was super lose! We ended up spending an hour wiggling and coaching! Everyone was so excited . . . the kids all wanted to see. He was LOVING the attention!! He ended up on Chelsea's bathroom counter and made the kids rotate one at a time to look in the mirror. He said it was too crowded by the mirror with everyone! Josh and Chels got him dental floss to put underneath the tooth, once he looped it under, second tug it was out! Half the gum was healed and ready and you could see the permanent tooth. The other half is what bled!! VERY exciting night! Now he wants the other one out! (not quite ready but close) The tooth fairy brought $3 because his uncles told him Sunday was double day and your first tooth is always more!!! Grant was terrified that night that he shares a room with Trent and did not want to see the tooth fairy or know she was in their room. We decided the fairy is magic and magically puts the money there without coming in!!! What are we doing to these poor kids?







No comments:

Post a Comment