Thursday, November 11, 2010

Grant's tonsils

Grant was suppose to get his tonsils out Tuesday, November 9. Monday night we let him choose dinner . . he choose the Olive Garden. Tuesday morning Josh was eating left overs and Grant wanted some noodles. Josh forgot and let him eat a fettuccine noodle! At the hospital, once taken back, we told the nurse! AND . . we were sent home! (Got to have a really GREAT conversation with Doctor Heras first though!)
***
Thursday morning, same plan, Trent to Joslyn's house (he was thrilled to go), Blake to Jill's house (he was thrilled to go) and off to the Riverwoods Surgery Center! Trent had his first loose tooth this morning! It was helpful . . distracted him from wind and gave him some special attention!!
***
The Anesthesiologist came in and talked for a minute. He asked Grant to come with him. Grant wanted me to come. He said I could come as far as the door. Grant held my hand and we walked to the double doors. They opened and he took the Anesthesiologist hand and held mine for just a minute longer and let go. I yelled "I love you buddy and I will be with you when you wake up!" He was so adorable and brave!!
***
Grant did awesome! They brought him in on his bed and he slept for a while! Woke up and did not cry . . . looked at me and said, "Can I have some Chocolate milk?" No, so "Can I have some of your propel." I asked the nurse and he could! He continued to drink Propel and Sprite then had 6 Popsicles! Trent had to have a second IV bag because of his lack of drinking and Popsicles! Not Grant! I brought him in a blue Popsicle and said, "The nurse said this is the best one." Quiet for a minute, Grant takes a bite, "She is right!"
***
A little later, Grant says to Josh, "Can I have my shoes?" Josh "Where are you going?" Big smile from Grant, "Home!" (Not yet buddy!)
***
Grant wanted to hold Lydia . . . she is 4 months today!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment