Saturday, May 8, 2010

Catch up!

Trent is terrified of Tornados! He is happy now to sleep in the basement. He does not want to read on my bed anymore, only in the basement. Sweet thing has to pray every night, even when it is someone else's turn, Trent prays too!! He asks for safety from Tornados, Hurricanes and earthquakes.

We found out Grandma Stanton has cancer the Monday Josh left (4/19). One night I asked Trent to pray for her and bless his heart he started crying hard. Not for her . . . he was worried he is going to get cancer!

I was reading in the boy's room one night and Trent wanted me to feel his heart. It was beating too fast for a resting heart rate. He went back to lay down and all of a sudden came running toward me FRANTIC, half crying, half screaming, just paranoid . . . not in an annoying way, sad. He said, "Mom I am having a heart attack!" It was so sad and cute I started to laugh. So not me to be so insensitive, but I could not stop! He wanted me to pray, I had to wait a second to gain composure! I tried to turn it into a caring laugh! Sweet thing has had some other episodes! I am paying attention to see if we need to get it checked out!! (I think he gets this from me . . . probably the heart and the worry!)

Trent came running home from school and grabbed his bike and Grant to meet Ben, his new friend on the corner! Ben came over everyday that week. Very nice kid! Trent cracks me up - no problem making new friends! Sweet Grant on the other hand wants Trent to attend birthday parties with him!! It is awesome when they are both invited! Just the other day we had Grant's new friend Caden over! Grant was not sure what to do and very happy when Trent got home! He did however get Caden's number himself and we called! Caden wanted to watch Backyardigans . . . Grant did suggest building with the big bricks upstairs!!

Trent has to have his tonsils out on May 13. When he found out cousins would visit and watch movies with him and bring slurpee's he was very happy. He woke up one morning and said, "I wish it was today!" Jill and family fly in May 12!

The washing machine broke and flooded and May 3. So May 4 Josh was on the phone with every place he could think of figuring out which one to buy! He is awesome at that! He does his research and then does it again!! I am so thankful for that!! When he fixes the old washer we will put it in the basement!! (and it will be used)

Saturday May 8 we had a backyard FULL of kids! 20 or so. It was almost time for B and Ethies party so Trent went out to make an announcement on the porch, "I know this is going to make you all sad, but not you Grant, you only have 20 more minutes to play. Grant and I have a birthday party to go to! That is your warning!"

If someone tells a secret, Blake tells a secret! He wears the boys flip flops around the house. Grant is so incredible at sharing treats with him! When Blake says, pants, orange and toast he sounds like Nacho Libre! He is talking so much and so well!! We love it!! he LOVES DAD and the boys!! He loves the truck, the biles, the stroller, skateboards and bikes! He is still totally obsessed with his panda, green dog, 2 black slips and a white one! It is a crack up! It honestly soothes him and makes him happy!!! Josh brought Blake a soft panda from China! Blake hugged it and patted it! It was so cute!! We brushed its teeth and he fed it a sippy! I love imitation! There is nothing cuter! I could watch him all day!! He needs to be with dad, drive with dad, watch TV with dad, shower with dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment