Saturday, October 11, 2014

San Antonio

Grant had a soccer game at 8am! We were up at 6:30, it was raining, Josh was heading to San Antonio with Jared at 7! The field stayed on green! My Dad, Grant and I ran to Milburn to have Grant there by 7:30! It was early, cold, wet and the kids were still asleep! I had not slept well worrying how I was going to have everyone (including a puppy) ready for San Antonio and to Milburn by 7:30! When we got there it was absolutely pouring! Once Grant got to the middle of the field I checked my phone and it was red! I was relieved! Now I could keep the kids dry (change Grant) and get ready to go! We went home, got ready and headed to Einsteins! It was fun to eat at Einsteins while it was pouring rain! We had hot chocolate and bagels and headed to San Antonio! Josh and I both got our temple recommends hoping to go on the 11th! We went to the stake on separate nights! Turns out the temple was closed for cleaning!!  We had decided to go anyway (plus Josh needed to go with Jared!) 

The Alamo was the first stop!




River Walk
River Boat Ride - the puppy was not allowed, so Josh and I stayed back and sat with Theo!  People stopped to look at him, kiss him, hold him! It was so funny! 






We drove to the temple! The gates were locked, but it looked beautiful!  As Grant and I walked around the temple together to see if there was a place we could get in, Grant started to sing "I love to see the temple!" I sang with him, then stopped as I confused verses! He said, "Keep singing mom!" It was so sweet! Brought tears to my eyes!  
 Hit Buc-ee's, the coolest gas station ever, Cracker Barrel and headed home! We could not decide if we wanted to stay the night or not! With Theo it was easiest just to go home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment