Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tidbits

***We were at TexasRoadhouse one Saturday after just moving here! Trent kept accidentally poking his straw through his foam cup!  It got funnier and funnier because he kept doing it!  He tried really hard to laugh and not be embarrassed!

***Aug 17 Lydia's teachers (2 men said they were trying to be cool) took the class on an outside walk! Lydia and Vivian both got stung/bit!!  The wasp got caught under Lydia's sandal strap!  I got up to go to the bathroom during Relief Society and saw her teacher holding her and her sandal, she had a very upset face with a few tears! Lydia said she was brave because Vivian was crying hard that she wanted her mom!

***Aug 18 Went to Schlitterbahn  
Allison, Braeden and Devan came too! We switched park sides and didn't take shoes or drinks on the bus! It was HOT on our feet!! Next time we will do it very different!!  Awesome park though! Tons of trees and the river was neat and cold!  A fire ant bit my ankle on the tube ride!


When we got home Grant said, "Mom today at Schlitterbahn there was a guy with a hole in his chest right where his heart should be, a little boy Lydia's size wearing a speedo and a man with a fly stuck in his chest hair! I am sure it is dead now that he is home!"

***Trent combed his hair funny, looked in the mirror and sang, "I see a nerd and the nerd sees me!" to the tune of I see the Moon!!  


***When Lydia heard about the ice bucket challenge, she went into the kitchen, got some ice and rubbed it all over her face and hair and neck!! For a long time! Now when the boys say they need to do it, she always pipes in , "I've already done it!"

***Aug 26 Blake got out of the shower and had no shirt on! He was flexing and said, "Look at these muscles mom I think that is why Reese has a crush on me, she wants a boyfriend who is strong!"

***Blake said, "I know mom, you want a kiss for chocolate milk don't you?" I said I sure do! He acted like it hurt and gave me one on the cheek! This afternoon he wanted me to pretend like I was a stranger hurting him when grant came out of the bathroom! I was doing it wrong to him because he said, "Don't love me so much!"

***WARNING, this is inappropriate, but the boys will laugh when they read it in the the book later!!  Blake and Lydia tinkled in a tree at Grant's soccer practice! Blake said Lydia tinkled all over her, I said well she can't point and shoot, he said "Let me just say wieners are awesome!!"

TEXAS
*** A few things about Texas: 

-Cold water is slow, (comes out of big city water tank, gravity) 
-washing machine pretty much no cold water, hot actually, the pipes are closer to the surface and water is not cold!!  
-it is hot here and the humidity hit the first week of school, before that they said it was a mild summer
-kitchen water takes forever to warm up 
-boiling water takes long 
-fire ants, banana spiders 
-garbage man takes everything you set out 
-tons of school supplies 
-sacrament meeting goes over a lot
-no chocolate milk at Costco 
-scouts at the church 
-lots of tattoos (Blake's teacher too! Caught him off guard!) 
-H.E.B grocery store
-school times different, early and LONG, Grant and Blake 7 hours 7:45am to 2:45pm, Trent 7 hours 10minutes 8:55am to 4:05pm 
-sell ice cream at school
-school rules stricter, absent too much make up school Saturday
-can bring homemade stuff for birthdays 
-Freeze everywhere you go, inside truly freeze, the AC is pumping everywhere
-darling comments about church and Mormons (A woman I met at Blake's Popsicles in the Park, said, "5 of my old students are on your mission trips! Then I rode a plane to SL City with an old student who was on his way to his mission trip!"
-The kids say the Pledge of Allegiance and the Pledge of allegiance to the Texas Flag!!!

The pledge of allegiance to the Texas state flag is
   "Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible." Then they stand for a moment of silence to honor it!

No comments:

Post a Comment