Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blake's Ear

Tuesday, Aug. 21 Blake jumped off the kitchen table and banged his ear on the wooden chair on his way down!  I could tell it hurt!  It swelled and looked sore!!  Dr. Duffy told me years ago that ears are serious, you don't want them to become disfigured! Tuesday I took him to the Dr. and shot this picture in the waiting room!  It was still a little bit swollen and very purple!  I had promised the sweet thing no shots!  He told me, "My legs are not meant for shots, they are meant for walking!" 

We were able to get Lydia to do the "flu shot" where you sniff it up your nose! Blake on the other hand was terrified!  (His four year old shots really upset him!) When Dr. Duffy came in he scared me! He saw Blake's ear and reacted like it was bad!  He said when the ear bleeds under the skin, if it pools you have to drain it!  If it is severe enough he will send you to an ENT Doc!  Luckily Blake's ear was not pooling, just very purple!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment