Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Blake

I looked out the window and Blake was in the backyard running through the sprinkler!  I went out to see how he was doing!  He said, "Mom I am having a me party!"  We love that song from the Muppet Movie!! 
***
In the middle of July the Simmons kids came over!  I took them all back to Jill's house and ran to the store!  On my way home I called Jill and said sorry I am a few minutes late! She said we are not home!  Then she asked the kids where Blake was!  She said, "Julie don't panic let me find Blake and call you back!"  They had taken scooters and bikes to the school!  I was almost to her house and she hadn't called me back! I kept telling myself it was no big deal!  I went ahead and said a prayer!  As I reached the corner by her house I saw a van pulled over and a group of people talking! The thought crossed my mind, I hope this has nothing to do with Blake!  I slowed down and rolled my window down.  The teenage boy saw me and said, "Oh sorry we are looking for a different mom!"  As I rounded the corner there was little Blake standing in front of Jill's house with a blond haired young girl!  He had a dirty tear stained face!  I pulled up and sat down on the ground and held him!  All the people on the corner were watching! The van pulled over and asked if I was Jill's sister and Blake's mom!  My phone rang and I jumped up assuming it was Jill! She was relieved!!  Poor thing was STRESSED!!  She was thrilled I had Blake!  I told her about the little girl with Blake and where they found him!  I guess Blake was riding his scooter down the street and stopped and told this little boy he was lost! The boy said, "I thought you were smiling but now I see your crying!" (according to Blake)  He got his mom and sister! They asked him his mom's name, which of course he said Julie!  The mom of the kids thought he looked like a Simmon's and headed to Jill's house!  As I held Blake he started to explain all of this to me and his lip started to quiver and I had to try hard not to cry!  He does not like it when I cry!  The way he said, "I told them my mom is Jewie," brought me to tears as well!!  We were so grateful the little boy stopped him! Jill was concerned he may have gone to the main street!  As it got dark I was thrilled to have him and did not want to think of the alternative!!!

I guess the city had put up a fire wall Jill did not know was there!  She could not get the stroller around it and ran home to get the car! The big kids had taken off so Blake said he went under a gate and decided to go to Jill's house! Poor Jill did not sleep well that night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment