Friday, February 27, 2009

Tinkle Monster

I have enjoyed reading everyone’s blogs this week - - all the cute and fun things people do!! I thought, what can I post cute or fun! Nothing! It feels like we go from mess to mess!! Well, I want to share an experience that was not cute or fun! You know how you hear of something or see something and you are so grateful your child does not do that or would never!! I use to feel that way with Trent! And he never did a lot of those things and I am sure your children don’t either! But then we had Grant!! I truly understand now that they all come with their own individual personalities!

Grant got home from pre-school, went upstairs to play with Trent and took his clothes off!! Typical! We all went downstairs to get Trent some lunch as I yelled to Grant to put his clothes back on! I asked Trent if he wanted turkey! He did and so did Grant!! I heard the fridge open - - looked over - - and Grant was tinkling in the fridge! (We say tinkle for pee! Even my cute Josh says it! I think we got it from Grandma Dell and I do not know why it stuck! I feel like this blog needs a “Beware of the Potty Talk” label!) I was so SHOCKED all I could say was, “You are not peeing in the fridge!” Trent said, “Yes he is mom!” Grant told us to call him the “Tinkle Monster!” Yeah, I don’t think so!! Needless to say he lost a star (considering we have had endless talks about where to tinkle, not by the Sequoia tire when mom is at lunch with ladies from the neighborhood) and he needed to go to time-out after cleaning it up! So trying to be a Love and Logic Parent (which I am terrible at) I say, “Do you want to use rags or paper towels to clean it up with?” Grant, thrilled, says, “Rags, do I get a spray bottle?” So – thank goodness for 2 things: Lysol and the drawer where the apples are kept was closed!! Now when I ask Grant where we tinkle, he says, in his little accent, “In the po-tay!”

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I am dying that is so funny! He is your little tinkle monster. I bet your fridge has never been as clean as it is now!

    ReplyDelete