Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Appendix

Monday night (Jan. 10) a pain started in my right side! Has to be gone by morning. Nope, called Danylle to hear details about Curtis and Cole's appendix experiences! Cannot be my appendix, I have a nursing baby! (Years ago on the old TV Show My Two Dads, one of the guys ended up in the ER and it was only gas pains. I have had a fear of that ever since! Embarrassing!!) Fever, chills, nausea on and off! Tuesday night, really not feeling well, under all my blankets sweating, thought we'd end up in the ER. Getting nervous so I texted Jill, "If I end up in an emergency surgery and Lydia is beside herself will you nurse her?" Wednesday morning decided to head to the Insta-Care. Took Blake and Grant to Jill's house at 10:50am. Bumps in the car hurt - - BAD!! Urine, blood work and a physical exam. Thinks it is appendix! When did you eat last? Are you really asking me that? That is surgery talk! (I tear up, I have a nursing baby and Josh has school!) Go to AF Hospital at 2pm and don't drink another sip of that Propel! OK. 11:50AM so we run to Jill's to get Grant (he is furious he has not had long enough to play), drop me at home, Josh runs Grant to school to Costco and home. Lydia and I are asleep on the bed. Almost time to go, I straighten a few things just in case I am not coming home tonight!! Drink contrast. Courtney Long sees our car, comes to see us! Jill gets Grant at 2:30pm. Waiting waiting. CT scan with the IV contrast too, nasty stuff!! We need to wait a half hour, nope results within 4 minutes! Needs to come out! Even after a day of pain and waiting . . . I was shocked!!!! What's the plan? Chels ran to get frozen milk from Jill, Jocelyn brought some of her frozen milk, Joslyn got the kids from school and sent Trent to music. Beckee took Trent from music to Jill's house. Jill had a hair appt. so she took the kids to the Simmons house. (I knew they would be thrilled!!!) Mike went straight there after work. Back at the hospital Josh had to leave for school . . . it was his first night of that class. Lydia started to get upset!!! Eve tried the bottle . . was not working!! Chels ended up holding her and letting her suck her thumb to sleep!! Very upsetting for me. 5:40pm, Same Day Surgery closes at 6 why haven't they called me? Eve started to make calls. Finally Brent, the head nurse comes to get me!! Thanks to Eve he is taking me straight to the OR and I will recover in Pediatrics because Same Day is closed!! About 6pm we head in the wheel chair I called Josh, we don't know when she'll go home until we see inside, how bad!! Dr. Peugh comes in, cuts to it, not the nicest guy! My pain is going away, so joking I ask if we should cancel!! No really it means get her in now!! Good luck Eve!!

***Come out of surgery, not dizzy, not nauseous! Take me to Peds! Eve and Britt come with their tale to tell . . . Britt had to nurse Lydia. They called Josh at school to ask his permission! I was thrilled b/c my sweet girl was happy and smiling! Pretty infected appendix, gave me a drain, do not need overnight IV anti-biotics! Pump. I am doing well so I do want to go home! Jill calls surprised to get me, she is going to put my kids to bed at my house! Josh calls, he is on his way! Called my folks from Josh's phone b/c mine died! They had already talked to Eve. (I had 2 hernias also that Dr. Peugh saw.) Eve and her friends think my CT scan IV is very funny! They take it out b/c I got a new one in surgery!!! I get wheeled out in warm blankets. Eve comes to our house to get her car, Britt ran to the pharmacy and is meeting at our house where I ask her to nurse again!! We got home at 11:20pm! Very blessed Lydia sleeps till 8am!! WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment