Friday, June 28, 2019

Family Poems Spilled Soda

In an Email from John R. with picture:
It’s plain to see a drink was spilled, took the surface right off the deck!
washing down today I thought OH MY HECK
Someone has spilled this sh-t  And not rinsed it off,  Just a bucket of pool water Would take this sh-t off  
 Keeping the yard looking great Will require all to participate 
So when a soda spill occurs, ignoring it because it’s not yours,
Exemplifies you just don’t care, Soon we’ll find this sh-t everywhere
So let’s all join forces keeping this property great, while increasing the value of your future estate.
All my love and best wishes for a neat and tidy yard,
DAD
PS. Please call me with any comments or concerns



Jen's Response:

When first I saw your message I thought dad is really ticked,
Then I realized that it rhymed and I thought holy frick,
I don’t know when it happened but I’m sorry for the s#*t,
I know it can be better if we all help a little bit, 
Your rhymes about cleaning really are so clever,
This could just be your best poem EVER


Julie/Josh, totally Josh:

Dad,
I got your message,
You’re creative that is clear


That people didn’t clean up their mess

is very sad to hear,

Living far away in Texas

Didn’t stop a little guilt

I want to protect the value

of all that you have built 

But due to my location 

there is one guarantee

There is no way in hell

That spilled soda was me!

I hope this knowledge makes me  your very favorite kid (sorry Jill) 
And to all of my siblings, please try to use a lid!


Dad:

I awakened this morning only to find
Soda and pavers were still on my mind

What flavor of soda could it have been, taking the pavers right down to their skin?

Was it Dr Pepper, Coke or Sprite 

They all sound suspicious and make me up tight 

Anxiously awaiting Jill, Johnny and Paul to weigh in, fills me with hope it won’t happen again



Johnny:

Please don’t assume we don’t care
Because we haven’t sent our share
We’ve had no WiFi or phone
In the great depths of Yellowstone


Oh John, how we wish we’d spoke,

Before the blame was placed on Coke 
For it seems quite malicious 
to blame something so delicious


Don’t let this make you leery

But we have another theory
As the look of that small stream
With boys is a familiar scene
We think someone couldn’t wait

And simply had to urinate
Now wet, smelly and in shame
They thought it best for Coke to blame


Pee pee and wee wee are gross

But please try not to be morose
The paver does have a pit
But it could have been stinky sh*t



Then Grandma later:

June 2020 is our Disney Cruise,
Soon our flights we’ll need to choose.

Do you plan to go early a day or two?

Or stay late to enjoy an ocean view?

We’ll need a decision in a very short time. 

Why's it required that everything rhyme?


No comments:

Post a Comment