Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Stepping Up

When I found out about everything with Blake‘s teacher Mrs. Masi , (a father was mad about the reenactments she was doing with her class and he pulled his child from her class and said he was going to the board and wanted to take her license.) She was so upset she felt nauseous every day. I felt very strongly I needed to help her, that one positive parent's voice needed to counteract this father. I was very very nervous but knew I needed to have the courage to help her. I met with the principal on April 20 at the end of the school day, my mom (who was in town) ran the kids home for me. Meeting with the principal I realized I needed to stop there and not go to the superintendent. The principal and I had a great talk. Yesterday May 1 I talked with Mrs. Masi in the library. She said she could not thank me enough for meeting with the principal. She said it had a huge affect and the principal met with her and seemed to care more. It was so sweet. I was able to tell her that I prayed before going into my meeting with the principal. I told her I learned a lesson that I needed to go with what I felt. She told me she learned a lesson of how much a parent on the positive side can do, that one voice matters and that sometimes we need to be that voice even if we think it is insignificant. It truly does matter. She believes that me stepping up for her helped the principal to be more invested and help her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment