Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas

Christmas morning the kids got up at 7am. This NEVER happens! I was thrilled b/c they were so exhausted already! We had church at 9am, so we decided to open stockings and get showered. It was the best we could do with the time we had! We still got the cinnamon rolls baked! We were dying b/c we had this trampoline in the backyard since Friday morning! (When they came to set it up Verne and I drove the kids to get breakfast and play kickball. It worked out great!) I gradually closed the blinds Thursday morning (from the time we bought it) till evening. We were hoping no one would open the blinds. Normally they don't, I do! I tried really hard from Friday morning on to have all the lights on downstairs so there would not be a need to open the blinds. Ha! Saturday, when the boys were at the church, Lydia opened the blind to wave to Theo and saw! She ran upstairs to tell me! I was panicked! She promised she would not tell, I said don't even say don't look outside!!  I realized it was her Christmas morning right then, so we screamed and got excited about the tramp! I let her jump for 5 minutes. When Josh got home from the church, I let her tell him on the porch how excited she was! Again, just for her to enjoy this secret! When we went to the house before the Winsors I made her come b/c I didn't want her alone with the boys, just in case!!  Haha!! 

Verne put the turkey in before church! 

Church was wonderful!!  Absolutely wonderful!  Blake and I had a bet who would get to the car first after the meeting! (So he was guaranteed not too much adult talking after church!) I ran to the car after Amen! We waited a few minutes for Josh, who was sitting a few rows in front of us. We got home, changed, then did gifts. I was videoing and did NOT take pictures! (which makes me sad!) We gave all the kids an envelope, which contained a paper that said, Go to the backyard! We all ran out there, I got it on video. Turns out Trent saw it on Saturday morning (Christmas Eve.) He started to open the blinds! He didn't say anything for our benefit! So cute!!  I couldn't believe it!!  They jumped all day! (and painted)  It was a warm day so Grant's cast got a little sweaty he said.  

Lydia got this darling house and painted (with sweet Grant's help) all day! We all helped a little! It was wonderful!


Driving Grant's boat in the tub!

Blake got a pogo stick.

Trent got 2 hats, $20, and an i-pod shuffle from Santa!

Grant got 2 shirts and an Academy gift card from Santa!


We had a turkey dinner and turned on Fred Clause. That night we delivered a few mints to Trent's church teachers and ran a gift across the street to Bob! We ate pumpkin pie and had some eggs! I never want Christmas to end!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment