Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

I can't believe it is Christmas Eve!!  We went to Einsteins for breakfast (Grandpa Verne was with us too!) 
We let the kids open a present from Grandma and Grandpa! They were very excited! We made sure everyone was packed, cleaned a little bit, sorted "special things" boxes and got ready for Christmas Eve! 

The Applebaums came over at 5:30 and the Nelsons about 6! We ate ham, potatoes, salad,jello and rolls! The kids loved playing together while the adults visited! We did the nativity! It was darling, but next year I might add music or something!!  Theo made an awesome sheep! 
We had crazy amounts of dessert which is fun, but I knew most of it wouldn't last when we left!! (The homemade stuff!) Trent got kicked in the eye on the trampoline and Blake started feeling really sick! I got worried!! When everyone left we all opened Jammie's! (basketball shorts for the boys) Blake couldn't even open his! He was complaining about noise and light! We got him upstairs, realized it was a migraine, took off his clothes to cool him off, he threw up a bunch, then it was just his head!  I felt bad for him and the others! I was saying to the kids, "Everyone jump in bed, no noise, Blake needs to sleep, don't wake him in the morning, we need him feeling good to fly!" After I left the room, I thought, "It's Christmas Eve, we should be reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas'!" Next year!!  A migraine is better than the stomach flu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment