Monday, November 4, 2019

Summer/Fall Journal

A few entries I recorded on my phone hoping not to forget. (Now I am typing details months later, ahhh!)


Plastic spatula melting in dishwasher in April took forever to clean and rid smell. I googled and tried everything. Ran lots of empty loads of Baking soda. It was horrible!! 

Trent  Boys of Summer- Trent stopped by a park on his way to Walmart and played b-ball with a bunch of black kids who were high. His friends waited in the car while he played. At the end they said he had won their respect. I was a little shocked and proud all at the same time;-)  He found drug paraphernalia and met a drug dealer who was super cool. He took a cot and a sleeping bag and they stayed in the same apartment all summer. The boys would leave for Dallas Sunday night and return home late Thursday night or Friday. He learned ALOT! Grocery shopping with boys can be crazy, trying to decide what to eat and splitting the bill up. 

Seminary - Josh is teaching Sophomores. Seminary is now Tuesday through Friday. 

Primary - I really enjoy Primary. Sharma was called to be RS Pres and darling Robyn Yenchik took her place. 

At the end of Lydia's 3rd grade year Verne drove Lyd to Sylvan 2 days a week. We wanted to get a little help for the dysgraphia. I didn't know how I would be able to do all the driving and then found out Verne wanted to help. Lydia and Grandpa ate a lot of Baskin Robbins! 

Townhomes were HORRIBLE getting through the city. It was SO stressful! German's comments were crazy! Some of the comments were not even applicable to these townhomes! FRUSTRATING!!  

April lawn mower breaks (fuse)

New tires truck $

Snakes coop - Josh came in to get me, there was a snake in the coop eating a chicken. Roughly 8:30 or 9pm.  When Josh tried to get it, it slithered FAST up the coop wall. He was holding it against the wall trying to kill it with a shovel and I was shining the light for him. I felt something by my feet, it was a baby snake, looked like a worm. (I shined the light on my feet, but had to hurry to put it back on Josh's snake!) We got a bucket for him to put it in. Josh and Verne went to Lowes to get some material to fortify the coop. The boys yelled to me, there was another snake in the wood pile by Verne's apartment. Trent and I killed it.  

Boat trailer tire

June 2 no water when I tried to hop in the shower after a long day of outside work! (I still went to ward council Sunday morning) Pump motor had burned out, it was fixed Monday. 

New battery Denali

Ford won’t start

Ford AC broken

After new starter put in Ford still won’t start, put in another. (Neil and Josh put in starters twice!!  The first time we had a tornado warning as they did it. It was wild, windy and dark.) 

Few broken sprinklers

June 19 BBQ broken, trying to feed missionaries burgers, cooked them in the house, greasy mess!!

July 2 Ryan Jackson quit
July 3 Ryan Jackson lunch with Josh. (Very exciting! Feels right and meant to be! He is the one person Josh has talked about working with!)

July 3 wood stolen, load trailer as a family in the evening time to return it

Lydia trying to tell me candy she likes, Eh chews (almost sounding like a sneeze) Hi-Chews

Grant brought his own money to curbside my suitcase for a flight to Utah. The airport gives him anxiety so he paid to do curbside, very cute!

Aug 5
Got a text from Allison and found out they are moving to Utah. What an incredible blessing the Bowman’s have been in our lives since we left Utah. (Even before we left Utah Allison called me to ease my nerves.) What a gift she is from God. 

Aug 13
Ryan Jackson‘s wife Kari told him after their church, "I never would have let you do this job with Josh if I hadn’t met him at DR myself."  The Lord is aware of all of us. Ryan met Josh at century but in order for this to work Kari had to know him for herself, hence the job at DR.  Such a miracles!!

Aug 19
Got the Denali back after they had it for three weeks. They made a lot of fixes on the housing and something else, $1800 or $1900 worth. GM covered all of it. Tom ended up calling and asking what we agreed on Josh said all of it, so he said it will be done, GM will cover all of it.

September 4 prompting to go see Terri Baetz at her house.
September 5 finally feeling like some money will be coming in, blessed!
Being able to be a stay at home mom, blessed. Last year looking at so many of Trent and Grant’s friends very interesting to see how much talking to the kids matters.
September 6 reuniting Verne with Duane at Duane's wedding in St. George. Josh, Verne and Ben went.
September 6 sharing the Book of Mormon at H E B pharmacy with a guy who was nervous about raising his daughter in this world and told me how much he loves God. 
September 6 rotors and brakes on the Denali, Lyd to the dermatologist, Blake 11 yr old shots (so hard, he was nervous and tensed up when they gave the shot, it hurt. SO glad when it was over), truck oil change and state inspection
September 7 take the Denali back in because so squeaky needed back brakes too, which they were supposed to check

****Sep 3 Lyd tooth fairy. She lost a tooth and the next morning wanted to know if the Tooth Fairy was real. She really wanted to know so I told her. It led to other questions and was very upsetting. Definitely too soon. I held her and we talked about Santa and the elves. I told her that I believe in Christmas magic. She talked herself through it that Santa will come and is excited for Christmas this year and I took her to school. whewwww.

Sep 28
Working in the garage to paint the tongue and groove and shiplap for our bedroom and Lydia‘s bedroom ceilings. Lydia decided to try her bike again. I helped a little then Grant and  Blake took over and helped and now she is a rider. Sunday after church she wanted to ride. 

Oct 2
Grant awesome catch last night at football against Cedar Park.
Josh helping Isaiah. First helping to pay to fix his car and a ride to church, then having Isaiah drive the bishop’s car then getting him work in Temple. Now he purchased the Leavitt‘s truck and Josh is continuing to get him work. 

Life is crazy as usual. Trent goes to help at Coach Fry‘s house to prepare Brady’s food. Monday, September 30 Blake Lydia and I went to Coach Fry‘s house because Trent had the homecoming parade. Josh picked up the trailer for the basketball team and pulled it through the parade. Grant, Blake, Lydia and I sat at the very beginning of the parade and got tons and tons of candy. As a matter of fact Candy hit us, hard!!

Time is going by so quickly. Trent wakes up and goes to Seminary on his own. Josh and Josh Turnbull each take two days a week each. So much better than week on week off. 

Townhomes are moving right along, two Saturdays ago we took the kids to clean there,  it was great.

Lydia sings “ I love cheese grills,” to the song cheap thrills. I love it! We were driving in the car the other day and Blake saw the name of the song on the radio and saw that it was cheap thrills. He caught on that Lydia sings it wrong and questioned me, then under his breath kind of asked what cheap thrills were, we did not address it on that drive. 

Oct. 6
Bowman moved out and went to the extended-stay. Friday night when I went up to help Allison Bella lunged at me. She also lunged at Haley Piney. Brett told Josh Sunday they may need to put her down. It actually really scared me.

Oct. 7
Justin and Nicole moved in.
Nathan Smith has coached the last two fall league games for Trent. Basketball is more difficult than it should be. Too bad coaches don’t support and build kids. The game on the 7th was way better than the week before. 

Oct. 8
Horrible flying crickets at grants football game. They were actually pelting us at times, it was absolutely disgusting! Verne and I were freaking out and Joelle was laughing. I really hated when they would hit my head. I saw a big one or some other bag fly into the man’s face in front of me at a very fast speed. The crickets were swarming up by the lights, it was so gross!!

Oct. 9
Blake went to 11-year-old scouts and Sally Bright was there with a fog machine. They filled the room with fog and had Blake and Benson go in and lay down for the kids to find and carry out. Three kids got Benson out and Blake was left in the room. He said even close to the floor he could not see a thing there was so much fog. Blake said he was kind of scared because he could not see in front of him and was alone, then Cruz Bernstein tapped Blake’s leg. The fire alarm went off and Blake and Crew were tapping the walls and trying to find the door to get out. Blake said it was crazy and scary. The fog had made the smoke detector go off, the Cedar Park fire department came. Sally actually worked for the Leander fire department. The boys got some little trinkets from the firemen. It was a wild and crazy night, way more than they had planned.

Oct. 10
Blakes soccer was canceled so we got their kids in their Halloween jammies and took them to Bahama Buck’s. It was really fun and something they want to do each year. I made zucchini bread and used a recipe that was not my own, it was not good. Needed more sugar. I don’t know why I didn’t use my own recipe. I fed the loaves without chocolate chips to the chickens.

Oct. 11
Had a going away party birthday party at our house tonight for Braeden Bowman. It was wonderful to have Allison and Beth here. Josh was with Dean and Bret fixing Brett‘s trailer. A decent amount of kids came. I am grateful that Cedar Park kids came. I let Trent leave for about two hours to go on a quick date with Autumn.

Oct. 13
Grant has had a lot of stress about EZ coming to his birthday. EZ texted Grant for the details. Josh and I told him EZ needed to come. It was very hard because this was not grant’s first choice. We went to the parks at six for crapes and games. When we got home Grant had to text him the details. It was kind of a stressful night and a few days before had  stress too.

Oct. 14
We had Einstein‘s and then I took Grant, Blake and Lydia to Dick’s and then to Hobby lobby to get ornaments. We went through Chick-fil-A and got shakes and drinks. We got home and they played around with the dartboard and the four wheeler. Trent had a basketball game at 5:30. I ordered Papa John’s pizza. All nine of Grant‘s friends came, Joe, Joseph, Hayden, Reed, Tyler, Mathew, Jordan, Christian, EZ. They played soccer, basketball and pickle ball. They were very sweaty and had a lot of fun. They played cup pong upstairs. I made cookies. Trent had a killer game but got hurt towards the end. He shot five threes in a row. His hip has been very sore. The friends left at 10:30 although Grant really wanted them to sleep over.

Oct . 14
Trent hurt hip in game but played great! (hip hurt for over 15 days) Hard, coaches make it worse.

Oct. 30 Evelyn engaged.

Oct. 31
Trent and grant skipped out on parties with rated R movies. I was so proud of them.

Nov. 4 
The kids have the day off of school, after basketball practice Trent texted Tabatha Fry to see if he was needed, it was not his first choice of what he wanted to do. They were shorthanded so sweaty without a shower he went over to the Fry's. I was very very proud of him for choosing to do what was needed over what he wanted to do. They measure out Brady‘s food for the week. It is on a little scale and has to be almost exact, then the food has to be mushed up. They make about 28 meals.

Dating is hard here, very different from Utah. Makes me sad. Kids do not group date. Not a lot of girls to date. 


No comments:

Post a Comment