Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Journal

Journal/blog

Lydia had her gymnastics showcase today. On the way home she said “mom see I told you I was the best in the class.”  I said “I saw that.” Then she added “and the prettiest.” 

Tonight Josh came in and said “Julie you are never going to believe this”, I could not wait to see what he was going to say. A snake had gotten into the chicken coop was trying to eat one but the chicken was too big. He figures it scaled up the coop and got into a small crack in the roofline. As we were shining the light in the coop for Josh to kill the snake, a little baby went by our feet, the kids said it’s a worm, but I took a closer look and it was moving fast and was a baby snake. Josh was inside the coop and killed that snake and was holding a shovel on it, I ran to get a bucket to put the dead snake in. Trent started to yell for me and there was another snake in the little wood piles by Vern‘s apartment, Trent and I killed that one.
All of this was quite upsetting to the kids. Trent and Grant took Blake and Lydia in the house to get them back in bed. Josh and Verne checked out the coop to see the spaces where snakes could get in the roofline. Josh went to Lowe’s to get some foam or something to fill the cracks. It is now 11:08 PM and I can hear the saw going in the back, so they are going to town. Josh teaches seminary in the morning.

Trent found out tonight only 30 seminary make ups from the first semester, he already has 19 done. We did a little parallel parking practice tonight with garbage cans in the cul-de-sac. 

Grant has his last game this Thursday and we are praying it doesn’t rain.

5-21
Yesterday someone Josh met at Century who is in the new Hope ward called Josh and asked if he would talk to his brother who lives in Salt Lake City who is in charge of finding land for temples. Asked if Josh would help him find land for a Temple in Austin. How incredible! I cannot wait to see what comes of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment