Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Lydia's Surgery

Strictly Pediatrics 8:30am
Dr. Grethel
Tiff Smith took Trent to school.



She started to get nervous and silly. We couldn't wait for it to be over for her sake! It was sad and sweet!  Loved the staff and the docs! She went in after 10am. We helped her choose strawberry for her space girl helmet (to put her to sleep.) It was about an hour. 

Tired! Did not want a popsicle or gaterade.

Back to sleep.



We got an Egg McMuffin and BaskinRobbins Rainbow sherbet. 
She started crying as soon as we got home. About 1:10pm. I wondered if he Caudal Block was not working. She only felt good when I was holding her hanging in front of me standing up and walking around. (With my hurt neck it was interesting, I took a few breaks.) She ended up throwing up and sleeping, throwing up and sleeping. The anesthetic made her sick, I don't think it was pain from the surgery, it was nausea. She finished throwing up about 10:30pm and slept well. Ashley Canfield took Grant and Blake to the park, which helped me so much!!  Tiff brought Trent home from B-ball, huge help again. Josh brought home Olive Garden, the boys were thrilled but Lydia couldn't really eat. So sweet of Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment