Friday, July 15, 2016

Still Moving

We went between Quick Fort and Ruthie Run all week finishing the move.  Boxes were all around the kitchen counters. The boys were wiping out the cupboards for me with Clorox Wipes. They bumped a box on the stovetop and turned the burner on. Electric oven. They were yelling at me, we had had a long week, I had said don't yell at me come find me! Then they yelled fire! I ran downstairs, slid the box, turned off the burner, yelled to open the back door, picked up the big box, it was on fire, I could feel the heat, I turned it, felt hot falling on my feet, there were flames, headed outside hoping not to catch the couch on fire on my way by, got outside and dropped it. The boys got big cups and put the fire out. I checked my clothing (planning to stop drop and roll on the digusting grass if I needed to, we hadn't mowed yet and the yard seemed nasty) I was not on fire. Lydia was on the front porch scared, but smart of her!  I ran back in to check the other side, the box on the other side of the cooktop was just starting to burn, I grabbed it and headed outside. Did not see flames until I was by the couch. Boys put it out and the kindling on the floor in front of the stove.  Turns out I broke my crockpot. But the house did not burn:-))


Storage unit! This unit saved us for this move!!




No comments:

Post a Comment