Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Social Studies

Trent had a Social Studies Caddo Indians record project due! His group was not getting the job done so he did it on the weekend! Dad helped him write a song about the Indians! (Part of the record project!) It is AWESOME! Trent's group loved it! One kid in his group said he wanted to keep it when they were done! HaHa!!   

ABUNDANT CORN FEASTS

In Eastern Texas, I was born and raised,
In the cornfield is where I spent most of my days.

Harvesting crops with some hunting for food,
Eating vegetables, deer and some fish or wild fruit.

Yea my wigwam was built in a permanent spot,
and of pretty much everything we all had a lot!

With a roof over head and some corn at my feast,
Even our name means "True Chiefs" of the East!

Chorus:
The True Chiefs of the East, True Chiefs of the East,
True Chiefs of East Texas with Abundant Corn Feasts.

Sturdy Crib, Yea a house built of grass and some wood,
Using stuff from pine forests like advanced builders should.

With skills in my hands and some time I can spare,
I make so much pottery there's plenty to share!

So I'll cry when I meet you, like the rest of my band,
but I'm not a big baby, its like shaking your hand!

We know how to sing and we know how to farm,
And we all live a life of abundance and charm!

Repeat Chorus:
The True Chiefs of the East, True Chiefs of the East,

True Chiefs of East Texas with Abundant Corn Feasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment