Saturday, February 28, 2015

Cold Cold Camp

Trent had to go on a Scout overnight! The hard thing is that is was so cold!!  It is different than UT because it is a wet cold! Totally different! The whole city shut down! I was glad Grant's coach still held the pizza and game Friday night! But everyone was predicting ice the temperatures were dropping so low! We did not understand this at first, but there are so many bridges and overpasses here that get the cold from both sides so it is icy! Again different from Utah ice on the road! (which I don't like either!) They still took the boys! All sports cancelled, everything YMCA cancelled etc I was getting emails from hair salons etc. about opening late!  But, not the Mormons!!  The boys still went! My main objection is that the boys were not taught about camping in the cold! Josh drove to Camp Tejas after Grant's basketball party! Mike Melansen called and said, "I know you came from UT, but I just left camp, heads up its icy!" As soon as Josh hung up, he slid sideways! (Going over a small bridge!)



They survived!! Trent didn't put on dry socks before bed like I told him to and had cold feet!!  Josh slept in the truck, which I appreciated him going!!  The next morning some of the dads teased him because he watched a movie!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment