Sunday, July 14, 2013

They say . . .

We were at Blake's appointment with Dr. Evans to get his cast/splint off!  Lydia was copying me putting her hand on the back of Blake's neck! She said, "It's ok little buddy!" Then she gave me a huge smile and said laughing, "No he is a big boy now!"

Lydia has started talking so funny! She accentuates the first syllable!  Blake is Ba-lake, Ga rant, Ta rent!  She also calls them Ta rentone and Ga rantone!  She does it with everything!  She does it quickly too in normal conversation!!  Too funny!!  

Blake was trying to bend that sore pinky, it was very hard!  He was doing something with his fingers and looked up at me smiling, "I can still do my U! Ya!!" 

Lydia was with me in the barn while I was painting drawers! I told her this was her new bed!!  She said she didn't want this bed and that she wanted a small bed! I told her it was nice and would be fun! She started to cry and I told her I would get in her bed and read books!  Through her tears she said, "Will you stay with me and bring my glider over too?"  Lydia thought she had to sleep in the barn!! So sad!!!!  

I said, "Blake your swim teacher said you are learning to swim so well and you are awesome!!" He said "She is not lying Mom!"

Lydia had my shoes on and was pretending to be Aunt Beckee.  She was walking around saying, "Hi I am Aunt Beckee! How is your daughter?  Your hair is beautiful! Do you want to come to my house? I think that is a great idea!" 

Waiting in the lobby for Dr Duffy to call us back, I was looking down and Lydia said loud, "Dr. Duffy!"  I looked up and he was walking back into the office!! I cracked up! When they called us back, Dr. Duffy told me it made his day coming from such a little person!  Then right after he left our room Lydia said, "Dr. Duffy is so awesome Mom!"   

We walked into Taylor Hendricks farewell today and Grant said, "Mom when we get home I need to find my watch, I haven't had it in 5 days and I don't have a clue what time it is!"

Lydia fell in love with Lizzy's dress ups today!!  July 14th!! This is so fun!!!  The boys were like, "WOW Cinderella is here!"  So supportive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment