Sunday, October 21, 2012

They say . . .

Getting Lydia out of the car at In N' Out, Trent stayed behind with me! He commented that I had 3 shirts on! He said, "Mom I am glad you are modest, other moms would probably wear this shirt by itself, that would embarrass me!" My boys are modest monitors, always!! It is too cute!!
***
Miss Tanya sent me a text from school! The kids were making Turkeys for the letter T. The little girl next to Blake lost hers! Blake looked at her and said in all seriousness, "I think your turkey ran away under the table!"
***
Titan is Blake's friend from pre-school. Blake came home one day and said, "Titan was not there today, he is at the chocolate factory!" About a week went by and Blake came out of pre-school and said, "Titan is still at the chocolate factory mom! I wonder when he will come home!" Turns out Titan transferred to the morning class!!
***
Stranger Danger
Blake was riding his bike out front after the boys left for school! I felt weird that he was out there alone so I called him in! It dawned on me Blake needed a "Stranger Danger" talk! So I began. I get to the example part, if someone has candy . . . . Blake jumps in "I for sure go with them! Anyone who has candy I go with, but I will come back home." Needless to say he should not ever be alone!!
***
We took Grant and some buddies to Hang Time for his birthday! While at McDonald's he was opening his presents! A little guy named Wyatt gave him a gun we already have!! I saw Trent whisper something to Grant! Other boys started to say, we have that gun! Grant said, "Oh cool I can't wait to open it!" Later he told me Trent whispered not to tell Wyatt we have it or it would hurt his feelings! He said when the other kids were talking about having it he almost slipped!! Good job buddy!!!
***
Grant, Blake, Lydia and I went to the car wash the other day! As the colors started pouring on Grant yelled, "Mom the soap is all over Lydia's car seat! Help her!" I saw the light on my dash that a door was a jar! I opened the door a tiny bit and closed it hard and wiped up the soap the best I could! Grant again, "Mom it is coming in the other side!!" It was!! I closed that door again too! The poor kids, scared them to death!! I tried to help them laugh! They couldn't wait to tell Trent and Dad! Funny thing I usually check my dash as I pull in, guess I didn't that day!!!
***
Heather Harward was driving Blake home from pre-school! They had been to the pumpkin patch on a field trip! Blake, Libby and Andi were talking about the animals they saw there! Blake very sad said, "We didn't get to see any giraffes!"
***
I put Lydia down for a nap the other day! As I was about to leave her room, she said, "I will call you from the family room when I'm done! You go to the family room!" Then she sang her little heart for an hour and 15 minutes and yelled, "I'm done Mommy!" I don't know why she didn't sleep!! She sure was happy!! 
***
This is a quote I got from Beckee's blog!! Love it!!
"Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has been big stuff." -Catherine M. Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment